Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #4336
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by disco_owner Quote
Taken with HMC Hoya NDx400,PP in OLONEO and Win7 Photo-editing software
Masterful exposure and processing. You've hit the true goldilocks point of contrast.

QuoteOriginally posted by yiptwo Quote
Sunny day,
make a lot of distortion correction on LR3
A splendid composition. The light on the buildings to the right is quite striking.

07-03-2012, 01:05 AM   #4337

New to Pentax, but the DA 15 is fast becoming my favorite lens. All the images in this thread are superb and has been a great inspiration.

Some with my new K5:

07-03-2012, 03:38 AM   #4338
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sanjeevdas Quote
New to Pentax, but the DA 15 is fast becoming my favorite lens. All the images in this thread are superb and has been a great inspiration.

Some with my new K5:

Nice set! The fourth one looks like a live scene version in the Grand Theft Auto game.
07-03-2012, 04:23 AM   #4339
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by yu.arvin Quote
The fourth one looks like a live scene version in the Grand Theft Auto game.
It is a very cool photo.

07-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #4340
Forum Member

Agreed. That street scene is one of the coolest shots I've seen in a while. It's easy to get a shot with that many things in frame, but it's difficult to get one with that many things actually happening in the frame. And to nail the exposure/contrast/color? Well done!

Hey, quick favor to ask of anyone with this lens: Could you please send me a RAW file straight out of the camera? Ideally of an architectural scene, but I'll take anything I can get. I'm looking at it for architectural use but neither PTLens nor Adobe list a distortion correction profile for it, so I need to see how it looks correcting it on my own before I buy it.

Thanks?

- Jon

int jon miller at gmail dot com
07-03-2012, 09:37 AM   #4341
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sanjeevdas Quote

Some with my new K5:

Number 4 caught my eye, as well. I think a well-done b&w conversion on numbers 3 and 4 might be worth the effort.
07-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #4342
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by intjonmiller Quote
Agreed. That street scene is one of the coolest shots I've seen in a while. It's easy to get a shot with that many things in frame, but it's difficult to get one with that many things actually happening in the frame. And to nail the exposure/contrast/color? Well done!

Hey, quick favor to ask of anyone with this lens: Could you please send me a RAW file straight out of the camera? Ideally of an architectural scene, but I'll take anything I can get. I'm looking at it for architectural use but neither PTLens nor Adobe list a distortion correction profile for it, so I need to see how it looks correcting it on my own before I buy it.

Thanks?

- Jon

int jon miller at gmail dot com
Sample sent

07-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #4343

K-r + DA15
07-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #4344
Veteran Member

The dragon has landed Yiptwo

Lovely shots Sanjeev !
07-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #4345
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
The dragon has landed Yiptwo

Lovely shots Sanjeev !
That would be the "perfect caption"

Nice shot Yiptwo, Is that one also taken with r72 I.R Filter ?

Last edited by disco_owner; 09-20-2012 at 05:59 AM.
07-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #4346

All the people who said it practically has a built in polarizer ... are right!

The replicas of the Nina and Pinta were in town.
07-04-2012, 02:29 AM   #4347
Veteran Member

VERY IMPORTANT!

I have for a little while now been stuck between getting the DA 15mm limited or a Sigma 10-20mm HSM. I'll tell you what, if it wasn't for business I would've had the DA 15mm a looooooooong time ago. But what I need a wide angle for is real estate photography. I just worry that the DA 15mm won't be wide enough for small bedrooms. Could any of you take sample photos of places in a house including small bedrooms with the DA 15mm lens. This would be so appreciated!
07-04-2012, 02:36 AM   #4348

Photos: Gallery
IMO you should skip both and get the 8-16mm. At 8mm the smallest bedroom will seem cavernous

see some samples here

Test Shoot with Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM on Canon 60D

QuoteOriginally posted by shaolen Quote
VERY IMPORTANT!

I have for a little while now been stuck between getting the DA 15mm limited or a Sigma 10-20mm HSM. I'll tell you what, if it wasn't for business I would've had the DA 15mm a looooooooong time ago. But what I need a wide angle for is real estate photography. I just worry that the DA 15mm won't be wide enough for small bedrooms. Could any of you take sample photos of places in a house including small bedrooms with the DA 15mm lens. This would be so appreciated!
07-04-2012, 05:59 AM   #4349
Veteran Member

VERY IMPORTANT!

I don't own the 15 but I took this with the 21. I see very few bedrooms, they would not meet BOCA, smaller than an interior cabin on a cruise ship. Six mm adds a bunch of width. This was a no flash capture.

To establish perspective, the coke bottle in the lower left corner was sitting on the dresser which was on the wall opposite the mirror.
07-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #4350
Veteran Member

VERY IMPORTANT!

Shaolen - I'm sorry to say but you are absolutely correct. The 15 Ltd is not wide enough for RE shots. I have both lenses and have taken literally thousands of indoor RE shots, the 15 isn't wide enough, the 10-20 is great at 10mm but does have distortion that, for me, doesn't make too much of a difference at all, your customers may think otherwise. Funnily enough it is not the small rooms where the 15mm is not wide enough - it is shooting large open kitchens, lounges and master bedrooms. And sometimes if it is a large house but has a small garden - then you can't get back far enough to get the whole house in with the 15 Ltd, no such problems with the 10mm.

I haven't tried the 8-16 but have heard good things and those extra 2mm (which is another 20% wider !!) may come in handy. The 15 Ltd is a gorgeous lens but not for what you want it for.