Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13859 Likes Search this Thread
10-28-2014, 01:33 PM - 2 Likes   #7591
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

10-28-2014, 08:11 PM   #7592
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice kaiserz - I like the B&W - I noticed some haloing on the trees and the guitar - did you substitute the sky?

Last edited by rkappleby; 10-28-2014 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Added question
10-29-2014, 05:20 AM   #7593
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rkappleby Quote
Very nice kaiserz - I like the B&W - I noticed some haloing on the trees and the guitar - did you substitute the sky?
Thanks rkappleby. This was PPed very fast and carelessly thus the halo. I don't exactly know what you mean by "substitute the sky" but if it is what I think it is then no; this is just one exposure. I pushed the K01's awesome dynamic range on this one.
10-29-2014, 07:11 AM   #7594
Veteran Member

Awesome shot, great execution!

10-29-2014, 07:12 AM   #7595
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kaiserz Quote
Thanks rkappleby. This was PPed very fast and carelessly thus the halo. I don't exactly know what you mean by "substitute the sky" but if it is what I think it is then no; this is just one exposure. I pushed the K01's awesome dynamic range on this one.
If I may be frank with you, why would you post an image here that was "PP'ed quickly and carelessly?" I'm not attempting to establish what should or should not be posted here, nor am I judging you, I'm just curious as to why.

Last edited by jab2980; 11-03-2014 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Added quotes to assist others with reading comprehension.
10-29-2014, 07:21 AM - 2 Likes   #7596
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A couple of DA 15 shots.

10-29-2014, 09:02 AM - 1 Like   #7597
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jab2980 Quote
If I may be frank with you, why would you post an image here that was PP'ed quickly and carelessly? I'm not attempting to establish what should or should not be posted here, nor am I judging you, I'm just curious as to why.
I apologize if I offended you. Why post an image that was PP'ed quickly and carelessly? Is it enough that the reason I posted this image is because I really like it? Although, I didn't have enough time to put into it to painstakingly fix the halos on the tree line I'm content with what I achieved. I'm pretty happy shooting with my DA15 and that is why I posted it here.

Having to work two jobs and studying at the same time is really hard. I would rather use my time shooting vs PPing, but that's just me. This is why I was only able to put about 30 mins on this image. I know I can still fix it, but like I said I'm pretty happy with the outcome. I'm showcasing what the DA15 can do and not what I can do.

Cheers and good day to you sir.

10-29-2014, 09:09 AM   #7598
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I apologize if I offended you. Why post an image that was PP'ed quickly and carelessly? Is it enough that the reason I posted this image is because I really like it? Although, I didn't have enough time to put into it to painstakingly fix the halos on the tree line I'm content with what I achieved. I'm pretty happy shooting with my DA15 and that is why I posted it here.

Having to work two jobs and studying at the same time is really hard. I would rather use my time shooting vs PPing, but that's just me. This is why I was only able to put about 30 mins on this image. I know I can still fix it, but like I said I'm pretty happy with the outcome. I'm showcasing what the DA15 can do and not what I can do.

I think you did fine. Not every one has the same mad post processing skills, anyway. If every photo in the thread had to be juried prior to posting, it would detract from it. As it is, we see people of a lot of different levels and experience posting and that's part of what makes it cool.

Last edited by Rondec; 10-29-2014 at 09:16 AM.
10-29-2014, 09:14 AM   #7599
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think you did fine. Not every one has the same mad post processing skills, anyway. If the every photo in the thread had to be juried prior to posting, it would detract from it. As it is, we see people of a lot of different levels and experience posting and that's part of what makes it cool.
Thank you sir. I really appreciate your comment
10-29-2014, 09:35 AM   #7600
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, I post some hastily edited shots from time to time. This isn't a contest or an art gallery so I don't see why that's all that significant.

I do think it's worth noting processing issues like that: "nice but I can see you pushed it by the halos" but the poster shouldn't have to defend their processing. "It was rushed" seems like an acceptable answer to me since we aren't his paying clients.
10-29-2014, 09:36 AM   #7601
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

I was never offended, however it appears as though you were despite my attempts to avoid it. Direct questions can often times be interpreted negatively in written word. Be sure to re-read my second sentence... especially the parts where I say "I'm not attempting to establish what should or should not be posted here" and "nor am I judging you, I'm just curious as to why." I found it curious that one would post an image that one would post an image that was edited carelessly and wanted to know the mentality behind that. Thanks for letting me know about your life schedule and editing decisions, but again I wasn't criticizing or judging.

---------- Post added 10-29-14 at 12:41 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
Yeah, I post some hastily edited shots from time to time. This isn't a contest or an art gallery so I don't see why that's all that significant.

I do think it's worth noting processing issues like that: "nice but I can see you pushed it by the halos" but the poster shouldn't have to defend their processing. "It was rushed" seems like an acceptable answer to me since we aren't his paying clients.
Who said anything about an art contest or needing to defend the work itself? The first response was someone asking if the sky was replaced, which isn't a critique. My response was in direct question as to why someone would post a carelessly edited image with the direct statement that "I'm not attempting to establish what should or should not be posted here" and "nor or am I judging you."
10-29-2014, 09:46 AM   #7602
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I guess when you ask someone why they posted it can put them on the defense. It implies there's a standard to be maintained.
Just noting an issue sets a different, friendlier tone IMO.

I only commented on it so someone else who might have inferred that there was a standard that needed to me met might realize that there actually isn't.
10-29-2014, 09:53 AM   #7603
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bartolaki Quote
Here are few from my honeymoon trip I couldn't unmount 15mm from my K5

Awesome shots! And congratz!
10-29-2014, 10:07 AM   #7604
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Don't apologize. It suggests you are guilty of something. I like the image and a few treetop halos will not change my enjoyment.
10-29-2014, 10:24 AM   #7605
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It is pretty easy to get haloing -- doesn't have to be HDR, just get a little aggressive with sliders in Lightroom or, Nik Effects and they'll pop out.