03-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #256
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster

Couple from today:

Last edited by jsherman999; 03-11-2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: spaces between imgs
03-07-2010, 08:47 PM   #257
Veteran Member

granted, you can creat a DA15 Club, I will join it if my DA15 can be backordered soon.
03-07-2010, 09:43 PM   #258
Veteran Member

After 18 pages of replies... To the OP, I pity you for having to buy Nutramigen. But great shots!
03-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #259
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by henryjing Quote
granted, you can creat a DA15 Club, I will join it if my DA15 can be backordered soon.
Welcome! In advance!

QuoteOriginally posted by lavascript Quote
After 18 pages of replies... To the OP, I pity you for having to buy Nutramigen. But great shots!

Thx. You have some experience with that, huh? Good news is that the little guy's milk allergies have gone from type 1 down to the least severe, so he can actually ingest products with milk in the ingredients without breaking out into a red rash or having his esophagus close up...

Opens up a lot more food choices for us. Maybe pretty soon we won't need that stuff any more.

03-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #260
Forum Member

And here's one more almost-member of the club

I ordered a DA15 today, should get it sometime next week. It's my first lens buy (well, together with a FA77), I haven't even received my first Pentax camera yet (K7 on its way).

This thread did play a certain role in deciding between 14 and 15 mm, thank you everyone!
03-09-2010, 09:30 AM   #261
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote

so he can actually ingest products with milk in the ingredients without breaking out into a red rash or having his esophagus close up...

Is this anything like GERD? My grandson (about the same age as you little guy) suffered from that. He could not eat hardly anything, especially dairy products. He is much better now.
03-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #262
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Is this anything like GERD? My grandson (about the same age as you little guy) suffered from that. He could not eat hardly anything, especially dairy products. He is much better now.

No, it's an actual allergy to milk proteins. It's not just lactose intolerance, either, it was worse - basically if he ingested any food with dairy in the ingredients, he'd get hives, and if he drank straight milk or ate cheese he could swell up. He also had lowe-rlevel allergies to soy and nuts. When you take soy and milk out of a baby's diet, you're really limited, believe me.

He's gone down a couple levels, now, and they said he may grow out of it by the time he's 5. Great news. (& nice to hear your grandson is better now.)

03-09-2010, 12:42 PM   #263
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cezarL Quote
And here's one more almost-member of the club

I ordered a DA15 today, should get it sometime next week. It's my first lens buy (well, together with a FA77), I haven't even received my first Pentax camera yet (K7 on its way).

This thread did play a certain role in deciding between 14 and 15 mm, thank you everyone!

Welcome!

03-11-2010, 08:27 AM   #264
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just came back from my first trip with the 15 and I must say it's an outstanding lens. I did look for all the possible defects when buying, but in the field this little thing is magical.
Attached Images

03-12-2010, 07:21 PM   #265
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote

No, it's an actual allergy to milk proteins. It's not just lactose intolerance, either, it was worse - basically if he ingested any food with dairy in the ingredients, he'd get hives, and if he drank straight milk or ate cheese he could swell up. He also had lowe-rlevel allergies to soy and nuts. When you take soy and milk out of a baby's diet, you're really limited, believe me.

He's gone down a couple levels, now, and they said he may grow out of it by the time he's 5. Great news. (& nice to hear your grandson is better now.)

I'm really sorry to hear about your son's troubles. He always seems to be such a happy young man.
03-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #266

I don't know guys. I think this lens is alright, not one I'd buy. I tested it in the store today for a while at various apperatures, distances, with flash.

It renders cold and it underexposes on my K20D.

Now the 77mm 1.8 that still on my mind.. hmmm
03-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #267

QuoteOriginally posted by max889 Quote
I just came back from my first trip with the 15 and I must say it's an outstanding lens. I did look for all the possible defects when buying, but in the field this little thing is magical.
Nice shot, but I think I might have sported some sensor dust near the top right of your image :-P
03-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #268
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
I'm really sorry to hear about your son's troubles. He always seems to be such a happy young man.

He is, now, extremely happy and energetic. He's 2.5yrs now, and can eat a lot of different things with very low amounts of milk cooked in, can even take a lick of ice cream now and then. He still has 16 ounces of Nutramigen every day as a supplement, though, because he doesn't eat 'normally' - he developed a little bit of a food aversion carried forward from the early months before he was diagnosed with these allergies, so it's very hard to get him to ingest all the nutrients he needs - he really hates to eat most foods, just fights it. But he does like hamburger, hot dogs, some crackers, bunch of other stuff now.

One upside - that formula is incredibly nutritious. His doc said that he actually gets more nutrients and protein than most kids his age because of it, and he's always been > 60% on his growth charts, passes every development milestone easily, etc.

But I have a lot of shots of him looking more like this from the early days:

Not as happy at times back then. Makes me sad to see shots like that now.

But after we got a handle on his diet, I started to get shots mostly like this:

QuoteOriginally posted by ea77 Quote
I don't know guys. I think this lens is alright, not one I'd buy. I tested it in the store today for a while at various apperatures, distances, with flash.

It renders cold and it underexposes on my K20D.

Now the 77mm 1.8 that still on my mind.. hmmm
Flash!?! Indoors!? No, no! Take it out & about where that DA contrast can break free and blow you away! Get some sky, some green, some concrete and brick texture!

QuoteOriginally posted by alehel Quote
Nice shot, but I think I might have sported some sensor dust near the top right of your image :-P

Then you don't want to look to closely at my images.
03-12-2010, 11:58 PM   #269
Forum Member

Guys, a quick question:

Could I use a 49mm slim CPL with the DA15? I mean, will I get extreme corner vignetting? (maybe even some sample pics?)

Many thanks in advance!

The reason for asking:
I had a CZ16-80 with Sony and, while it was a terrific lens, it had one drawback: when using a 62mm filter (that's the tread size of the lens), the corners would turn pretty much black at 16mm. Stopping down to F11 or more didn't really help, the vignette wasn't removable in PP, so I had to use a 72mm filter with step-up ring, but this rendered the lens hood useless

PS-I did try to find info on vignetting with CPLs in this thread, also in the user reviews, but there wasn't anything mentioned
03-13-2010, 12:56 AM   #270

QuoteOriginally posted by cezarL Quote
Guys, a quick question:

Could I use a 49mm slim CPL with the DA15? I mean, will I get extreme corner vignetting? (maybe even some sample pics?)

Many thanks in advance!

The reason for asking:
I had a CZ16-80 with Sony and, while it was a terrific lens, it had one drawback: when using a 62mm filter (that's the tread size of the lens), the corners would turn pretty much black at 16mm. Stopping down to F11 or more didn't really help, the vignette wasn't removable in PP, so I had to use a 72mm filter with step-up ring, but this rendered the lens hood useless

PS-I did try to find info on vignetting with CPLs in this thread, also in the user reviews, but there wasn't anything mentioned
I found the field of view was so broad that the sky appeared very unnatural - dark blue on one side of the frame, ranging to light blue on the other. Very distracting. The 15 seems to do fine without.