Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
07-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #46

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

As promised here some better pictures i made with the 28 3.5 shift on a Canon 5D with a B+W 1000x ND:

Stil love this lens!

02-08-2011, 01:41 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey guys, I didn't know this thread does exist until Adam created an index of lens clubs, thanks all.

I have and use 28mm shift for my film bodies, but put it away from digital bodies. One of the reasons I stay with K-mount and wait for a FF.

What do I need to use this lens with 5dm2 body?

Cheers,
02-10-2011, 07:48 AM   #48
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
I'd like to join this club, but I've only half the entry qualifications (SMC Pentax Shift 28mm F3.5).
02-21-2011, 01:44 PM   #49
Inactive Account

Pentacon Six lens + protector for shock absorber = tilt lens

Hello Tilt fans,

I turned a Pentacon Six BIOMETAR 80mm f2.8 lens and the protector for a VW Golf shock absorber into a tilt lens.
It is very difficult to reproduce "settings", but it is great fun as you are always in for a surprise :-)
See more sample pix at jephi's Album: DIY Tilt lens 80mm f2.8 Carl Zeiss BIOMETAR - PentaxForums.com

Cheers from Berlin!

Jephi

Last edited by jephi; 04-28-2011 at 12:32 PM.
02-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #50
Pentaxian

Nice work, Jephi. Like a "LensMama" (instead of LensBaby)!

Love the re-use of old lenses and car parts... and not that bad optically, either.
03-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #51
Veteran Member

awesome result.

I have a question:
It should be possible to tilt a 645-lens (or any medium format lenses) in a K-mount DSLR body.
Is there any tilt and/or shift adapter for this purpose?

Thanks.
03-03-2011, 05:32 AM   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hoanpham Quote
I have a question:
It should be possible to tilt a 645-lens (or any medium format lenses) in a K-mount DSLR body.
Is there any tilt and/or shift adapter for this purpose?
Yes. See this post earlier in this thread. But I'm not aware of a Pentax 645-specific tilt or shift adapter.

-Mark

03-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #53
Inactive Account

Arsat tilt adpter vs. DIY bellows tilt lens

hoanpham, panoguy,

I have the Arsat tilt adapter that panoguy is referring to. It is available for Pentacon Six lenses.
While it is of good build quality and does not force you to modify your lens, it has two disadvantages, which in the end led me to building the bellows design shown above:
- The Arsat adapter has a limited tilt angle. My bellows design can be tilt far more allowing more radical effects.
- The Pentacon Six lenses are locked to the adapter (or, of course a Pentacon Six camera) by means of a ring that is fastened around the lens mount with a 45 degree twist. Unfortunately this ring is easily confused with the focus ring. It happened to me that I wanted to focus but unlocked the lens which fell to the ground, fortunately onto the filter attached. My bellows design is more reliable that thanks to the miracle of epoxy glue ;-)

Cheers, jephi

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Yes. See this post earlier in this thread. But I'm not aware of a Pentax 645-specific tilt or shift adapter.

-Mark

Last edited by jephi; 03-03-2011 at 12:41 PM. Reason: spelling
03-18-2011, 08:41 PM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, at least I can join here!

I put together a budget tilt/shift setup on the advice of RawHeaD (member around these parts), using a medium-format wideangle lens (which becomes a medium-long lens on Pentax APS-C) and two Ukrainian adapters.

The parts below are:
- a very sharp Carl Zeiss Jena 50mm f/4 Flektogon (in Pentacon-six mount)
- a Shift adapter from Pentacon-six to Pentax K
- a Tilt adapter from Pentacon-six to Pentax K

All acquired on "the bay" for ~$350 USD.

(The "speckling" visible behind the Flektogon front element is very common, but has no effect on the image quality.)

The adapters preserve infinity focus of the medium-format lens perfectly, and allow for a range of movements - up to 8 degrees of tilt or 10mm of shift in any direction. The "any direction" part is because each adapter (with tilt or shift) can be "rotated" around the lensmount in 15 degree increments while shooting. This is sometimes called the "Hartblei" design, since it is similar to their Superrotators.

Full tilt!

Shifted!

Produces some interesting effects, even though the 50mm focal length is a little long for a cropped-sensor camera. Still finding my way with tilt/shift, but I'm liking the effects so far.

Hi panoguy,

This sounds like something I'd like to try as well. These two adapters you mention, will they work together straight out of the box or is there some modification that needs to be done? Thanks!

Best regards,
Boucicaut

P.S Looks like I'll be getting a well used Pentax 6x7 75mm Shift lens for dirt cheap and I already have the 6x7 --> K-mount adapter...
03-19-2011, 07:29 AM   #55
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Boucicaut Quote
This sounds like something I'd like to try as well. These two adapters you mention, will they work together straight out of the box or is there some modification that needs to be done?
Straight out of the box for tilting or shifting Pentacon-six mount lenses on a Pentax.

Check this page for various lensmount flange distances if you want to adapt another medium-format lens to one of these adapters (which could make it a "triple adapter??"). The image circles are all gigantic on an APS-C Pentax, so its just a matter of distance to focus plane if you want unmodified infinity focus, but that's optional for tilt anyway...
03-19-2011, 10:17 AM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Straight out of the box for tilting or shifting Pentacon-six mount lenses on a Pentax.

Check this page for various lensmount flange distances if you want to adapt another medium-format lens to one of these adapters (which could make it a "triple adapter??"). The image circles are all gigantic on an APS-C Pentax, so its just a matter of distance to focus plane if you want unmodified infinity focus, but that's optional for tilt anyway...
Great! Thanks for the info! I'll be getting these adapters in the near future.

Toronto is a great place to live BTW. I lived there for two years between 2003-2005.
03-19-2011, 01:55 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Thanks. I was researching pentacon six and the tilt adapter for K mount lately. At least they do exist if I need a tilt configuration. The price is not bad either.

Regarding pentacon six lenses, do you have any recommendation for use with a tilt adapter? I guess I need as wide as possible for as cheap as possible. Money always a limited resource.

Thanks.
03-19-2011, 02:37 PM   #58
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Regarding pentacon six lenses, do you have any recommendation for use with a tilt adapter? I guess I need as wide as possible for as cheap as possible. Money always a limited resource.....
I've looked a lot and I don't think I've seen any non-fisheye lens shorter than 45mm. MIR 45's are not typically very expensive. I use a MIR 65 and am generally pleased with it but I haven't used it much. http://www.pentaconsix.com/wideangle1.htm

A Hartblei tilt adapter and a MIR 45mm Pentacon Six lens can put together for less than $300USD.
MIR - 26 V (B) F3,5 / 45mm Pentacon Six, lens for Kiev | eBay
Hartblei Tilt Adapter for Pentacon Six Lens - Pentax | eBay

Ebay is only listing Hartblei m42 tilt adapters now, but K type adapters are made.

The MIR 45 isn't reported to be as good as the 65mm version, for example "In conclusion: the 50mm Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon and the 65mm Arsenal Mir are very sharp – at least as sharp as the 60mm Schneider Curtagon – and at maximum aperture, the Flektogon beats the Curtagon! The 45mm Arsenal Mir is, however, much less sharp and contrasty. " http://www.pentaconsix.com/wideangle2.htm

Last edited by newarts; 03-19-2011 at 02:47 PM.
03-20-2011, 06:59 AM   #59
Pentaxian

Regarding pentacon six lenses, do you have any recommendation for use with a tilt adapter? I guess I need as wide as possible for as cheap as possible.
Newarts has the right info (thanks!). I had a Mir 45mm, and wouldn't pay more than $50 for one (I think I sold mine here for $40). Then I got the CZJ 50/4 Flektogon which is truly as sharp as anything I've used (incl. Pentax Limiteds and modern Leica and Zeiss) with nice bokeh and flare resistance. You can get good Flek-50's for under $300, and it hits the "sweet spot" between price and quality.

QuoteOriginally posted by newarts Quote
Ebay is only listing Hartblei m42 tilt adapters now, but K type adapters are made.
Check with Gevorg at Arax Photo, as he might still have some K-mount adapters and "new old-stock" Arsat P6 lenses. And on theBay, I'd go to Yuriy at DVDtechnik, who is also quite reputable and can source hard-to-find items (he's a collector and camera repair technician!). I've been very happy with both of these sources, but heard sad stories about some others.

Last edited by panoguy; 06-24-2011 at 06:38 PM.
03-26-2011, 12:18 PM   #60

28mm f/3.5 Pentax Shift

This magnificent lens I bought for only $ 500. I am very happy that I was able to grab it up for auction.
Attached Images