Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2334 Likes Search this Thread
06-06-2010, 08:47 AM   #211
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Sorry to hear about the camera! It went out in a blaze of glory though.
+1. Javier, I take it you went in with it?

06-06-2010, 08:53 AM   #212
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Shame about this cam. I triped and fell at the tide pools and the the camera ate it along with me and it is dead....But the film survived as did the lens and the last roll of film from it.

The Ricoh is dead?

Time to find another one!

Steve
06-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #213
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
I like this one.

Steve
06-07-2010, 02:09 AM   #214
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
just a teaser for Doug, FA135.

06-07-2010, 02:32 AM   #215

Photos: Albums
Not much of the M42 Super-Takumar 135/2.5 ?
06-07-2010, 08:25 AM   #216
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Thanks Dave, Ray and Steve.
I went in with her. Believe I did all I could to keep her above water, but in the end, she was gone. I will begin to look for another one, though I am in no rush. I have that lens on an me super now.
06-07-2010, 09:46 AM   #217
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RolloR Quote
Not much of the M42 Super-Takumar 135/2.5 ?
it's practically the same with the K135/2.5. the only difference is the mounting and the auto function for the Super Tak.

06-07-2010, 09:58 AM   #218
Veteran Member

love my 135

I love my K 135 2.5

For the money, really tough to beat!
06-07-2010, 10:16 AM   #219
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

new respect for junk

A while ago, I set out on a quest to get an M42 mount 135. I had one specific requirement, I didn't really want a tak, not because I don't like them, but because I felt there would be too much similarity to my SMC-Pentax 135F2.5, which by all accounts is one of the best 135's ever.

I wanted something different, and my first venture began as a disaster. I bought a 135mmF2.8 Rikenon, This lens is in almost brand nes condition but suffered badly with bad contrast and severe ghosting, which I attributed to reflectoon off the sensor and back element. I had written the lens off, (only $30 any way) and gone out and picked up a much different 135 F2.8, a Tele Lentar preset with 16 blade aperture, but more about the replacement lens later.

Through other threads on the forum, and discussions with other users it became apparent that maybe it was not the rear element and coatings that were the culpret, but shinny parts in the barrel. Sure enough, the retaining ring for the rear element/group is very shinny black. I painted it over with flat black paint and voila I have a great little performer.

I had some time in my garden this weekend and this is typical at f5.6

It also is almost as sharp wide open.

p.s I could boost the whites a little, but did not want to blow them out I have since added a second PP'd version of the shot boosting the exposure

I will post shots from the tele lentar later
Attached Images

Last edited by Lowell Goudge; 06-07-2010 at 01:00 PM.
06-07-2010, 10:41 AM   #220
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
A while ago, I set out on a quest to get an M42 mount 135. I had one specific requirement, I didn't really want a tak, not because I don't like them, but because I felt there would be too much similarity to my SMC-Pentax 135F2.5, which by all accounts is one of the best 135's ever.

I wanted something different, and my first venture began as a disaster. I bought a 135mmF2.8 Rikenon, This lens is in almost brand nes condition but suffered badly with bad contrast and severe ghosting, which I attributed to reflectoon off the sensor and back element. I had written the lens off, (only $30 any way) and gone out and picked up a much different 135 F2.8, a Tele Lentar preset with 16 blade aperture, but more about the replacement lens later.

Through other threads on the forum, and discussions with other users it became apparent that maybe it was not the rear element and coatings that were the culpret, but shinny parts in the barrel. Sure enough, the retaining ring for the rear element/group is very shinny black. I painted it over with flat black paint and voila I have a great little performer.

I had some time in my garden this weekend and this is typical at f5.6

It also is almost as sharp wide open.

p.s I could boost the whites a little, but did not want to blow them out

I will post shots from the tele lentar later
Lowell, do you have some nice images shot done with the Lentar? I'm not sure if it's the same lens as that of the Pentacon preset but with a different maker. although from the image you have shown, it doesn't appear like it at all.
06-07-2010, 12:48 PM   #221
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
Lowell, do you have some nice images shot done with the Lentar? I'm not sure if it's the same lens as that of the Pentacon preset but with a different maker. although from the image you have shown, it doesn't appear like it at all.
I have not spent much time yet with the lentar, the shot above is the rikenon, which I "recovered" from my junk pile by fixing the internal flair issue. one lens at a time, I will get to it, but here is a sample

Full frame from about 20 feet, natural light JPEG right out of the camera, resized to post, and a 100% crop to show detail

Shot at Between F4 and 5.6 (can't recall now exactly)

I actually really like the lentar, but one issue with both the lentar and the rikenon is that there are no 1/2 stops, only full stops
Attached Images

06-07-2010, 12:54 PM   #222
Veteran Member

I have not spent much time yet with the lentar, the shot above is the rikenon, which I "recovered" from my junk pile by fixing the internal flair issue. one lens at a time, I will get to it, but here is a sample

Full frame from about 20 feet, natural light JPEG right out of the camera, resized to post, and a 100% crop to show detail

Shot at Between F4 and 5.6 (can't recall now exactly)

I actually really like the lentar, but one issue with both the lentar and the rikenon is that there are no 1/2 stops, only full stops
are the images here still with the Rikenon? or is it the Lentar?
06-07-2010, 01:02 PM   #223
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
are the images here still with the Rikenon? or is it the Lentar?
the latter 2 are the tele lentar, sorry, I should have been clearer.

These are JPEG right out of the camera with neutral sharpening on the K10D. Note I use a split image viewing screen and it is right on the money.

if it helps you decide if it is similar to your lens, this is a T mount lens.
06-07-2010, 01:13 PM   #224
Site Supporter

Smithee, nice work on those. That is where I think the 135mm excels. bigthumbsup
06-07-2010, 02:58 PM   #225
Veteran Member

the latter 2 are the tele lentar, sorry, I should have been clearer.

These are JPEG right out of the camera with neutral sharpening on the K10D. Note I use a split image viewing screen and it is right on the money.

if it helps you decide if it is similar to your lens, this is a T mount lens.
Thanks Lowell. the Tele-Lenthar doesn't seem to be similar with that of the Pentacon. the difference that I noticed is with regards to pop, color rendering and bokeh. although the Tele-lenthar kinda reminds me of the Sun Optics 85-210mm with regards to similar IQ rendering. kinda difficult lens to use if you ask me.