Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2336 Likes Search this Thread
04-29-2010, 08:04 AM   #91
Banned

135mm lens club

Hi Douglas ,found out how to post pics(why does everything have to be so confusing?)Hope they allow someone to provide more history of this lens.

Attached Images

04-29-2010, 08:18 AM   #92
Banned

And another after difficulty in uploading(there should be an easier way without being FORCED to use social site I thought this site was purist Pentax)
Attached Images

04-29-2010, 08:26 AM   #93
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kryss Quote
Thanks Marc but at my age I am not a fan of these social sites and have no intention of ever joining one I get enough spam and garbage mail as it is,thanks for tip though.
I'm with you regarding social sites so I use SmugMug. Zenfolio is another good option.
04-29-2010, 11:25 AM   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
And another after difficulty in uploading(there should be an easier way without being FORCED to use social site I thought this site was purist Pentax)
Yes, I have seen others atribute this lens to Fujita (has nothing to do with Fuji film, but perhaps with Fuji, the vulcano mountain aka god). Supposed to have been sold also under the Soligor lable and probably several more. What I understand they had a good reputation. Something of a Kiron of the 50's. I think there is something written about Fujita in camerapedia. Fujita actually made lenses also in the m37 mount of the first Pentax cameras, the Asahiflexes.

It has a vey special look, doesn't it? But the design was not that uncommon back then.

04-29-2010, 11:30 AM   #95
Veteran Member

When i first purchased my Super Tak 135mm f/3.5 I used to get out and shoot with it.

I found it to be a nice length actually ... but lately have only been shooting around the 90mm area.

I really should get out with some of the longer Taks again ... especially the 135mm

04-29-2010, 04:13 PM   #96
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sears 135mm pk/R version on the K200d . . .

Edit: Same spider with the Sigma 105mm EX DG

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/1025691-post80.html

Last edited by Blue; 04-29-2010 at 04:18 PM.
04-29-2010, 06:15 PM   #97
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by danielchtong Quote
Probably the credit does not go to the lens itself. The lighting & isolation of subject and contrast is breathtaking. Good show

Daniel
Thanks Daniel. And yes, it was a good show.

04-29-2010, 06:58 PM - 2 Likes   #98
Veteran Member

I seldom use FA135mm towards light source. But sometimes it is unavoidable. Taken a few days ago

Daniel
04-29-2010, 08:10 PM - 3 Likes   #99
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Marc but at my age I am not a fan of these social sites and have no intention of ever joining one I get enough spam and garbage mail as it is,thanks for tip though.
As Marc said, the file upload is sort of a last resort. Images displayed using that feature are munged by the forum software and usually look pretty poor compared to the original image. If you are wary of Flickr and other photo hosting sites, you may still have the option of files hosted by your Internet service provider (ISP). Many of the smaller, local ISPs provide storage space on their servers as part of their standard accounts. Files are uploaded to their server and are then linkable by the pages here. Your ISP would be able to fill you in on the details.

Steve
04-30-2010, 04:17 AM   #100
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
As Marc said, the file upload is sort of a last resort. Images displayed using that feature are munged by the forum software and usually look pretty poor compared to the original image.
Steve
Very true!
04-30-2010, 10:36 AM - 1 Like   #101
Veteran Member

Hi Douglas ,found out how to post pics(why does everything have to be so confusing?)Hope they allow someone to provide more history of this lens.
you need to shoot with this lens and the Pentacon inorder to see which lens is better. shoot images from closer point to infinity shots.
05-01-2010, 07:44 AM - 1 Like   #102
Inactive Account

This is how the PF looks on my FA 135 f2.8 wide open:

This ammount of PF can be almost completley corrected in PP.
Notice also that the pic was thaken before focus adjustment and so it's a bit out of focus at f2.8 (without af adjustment i had FF).

It's my copy or this lens in dim light sometimes wrongly lock the focus? (and by quite a bit, i saw a blurred image in the VF when happened)
05-01-2010, 07:47 AM   #103
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
Yes, I have seen others atribute this lens to Fujita (has nothing to do with Fuji film, but perhaps with Fuji, the vulcano mountain aka god). Supposed to have been sold also under the Soligor lable and probably several more. What I understand they had a good reputation. Something of a Kiron of the 50's. I think there is something written about Fujita in camerapedia. Fujita actually made lenses also in the m37 mount of the first Pentax cameras, the Asahiflexes.

It has a vey special look, doesn't it? But the design was not that uncommon back then.
Thank you Douglas for info,was just curious as to history. The lens is my favourite for macro flora,the bokeh with its 20 blade iris is better than any of my other 135mm lenses but have yet to see results from the new Pentacon bokeh monster.Regards.
05-01-2010, 07:50 AM   #104
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
As Marc said, the file upload is sort of a last resort. Images displayed using that feature are munged by the forum software and usually look pretty poor compared to the original image. If you are wary of Flickr and other photo hosting sites, you may still have the option of files hosted by your Internet service provider (ISP). Many of the smaller, local ISPs provide storage space on their servers as part of their standard accounts. Files are uploaded to their server and are then linkable by the pages here. Your ISP would be able to fill you in on the details.

Steve
Thanks Steve, much appreciated.
05-01-2010, 05:28 PM   #105
Veteran Member

As regards uploading pictures I have ended up with Picasa - it's for free and you can easily size the pics within the source code
you are inserting here - very easily done and you choose 640, 720, 800, 912, 1024 pix just to name the most common.

In my personal order of preference:

M42 MC CZJ Sonnar 3.5/135

M42 MC Jupiter 37A (afaik same lens scheme like the Sonnar)

M42 Schneider Kreuznach Tele Xenar 3.5/135

M42 Auto Revuenon 2.8/135

All shots on a K100D. I like the simplicity and the tininess of those lenses (especially the Sonnar with the sliding hood) but would not
mind using a Voigtländer 125 or an FA135 .-)
cheers, Georg