Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2010, 01:23 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Macro Flash

I am using Pentax K-7 with Pentax 100mm macro WR and Pentax 50mm macro. I use this kit to photograph snakes in dark. I am planning to buy Pentax AF-160FC I would like to know whether there is any diffusion panel is available for this flash? Any options with ring flash that I can choose? Also please share your experience of AF-160 macro flash with me.

08-18-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As far as I know, the light that comes out of it is already diffused: PENTAX AF 160FC Auto Macro Ring Flash - Pentax Accessory Review Database - Flashes, Grips, Camera Bags

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-19-2010, 05:13 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
the Pentax AF160FC is a superb light source not only for macro work but for portraiture as well.The quality of light it produces is very diffused, it also doesn't eat batteries as badly as the AF540FGZ. I would strongly recommend the AF160FC for the 100mm f/2.8 WR because pentax has made an adaptor that fits on the lens in the same way that the hood does. This adapter takes the weight of the flash head the front element of the lens, and enables for much faster focusing. The Pentax also delivers a bit more power than competing ring flashes.