Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2010, 05:00 PM   #1

Looking for a small flash(blitz)

Hi

I'm looking for a new flash for my Pentax K200D. I already own a Pentax AF360FGZ, but it kind of fell off my table(attached to my K200) and broke its foot. It still works as a wireless flash though. Having an wireless flash has become quite a hassle, so I'm thinking about buying a new one.

When thinking of buying a new flash, I've found that it would be nice too own a flash that I could have attached constant (and put into a backpack or shoulderbag)
My brother has a Nikon SB-400, which is quite a nice little flash. I've looked at the Pentax AF200FG but it looks a bit too large.

So I'm wondering if someone knows about a small flash for Pentax cameras about the same size as the Nikon SB-400?

Leikarnes

P.S. My K200d survived the fall form my table without a scratch.

05-21-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

How about a Pentax AF160? It should be available used for about $10.

It does not have p-TTL. But I prefer Auto to p-TTL so the AF160 not having p-TTL is not a problem.

05-21-2010, 06:06 PM   #3

Original Poster
I had glanced upon it, and I feel that its pretty much the same as Pentax AF200FG just a bit older.
I'm looking for a smaller/lower flash, that I can have attached and still be able to put it in a small shoulder bag (something like the Thinktank Retrospective 10 which is on my shopping list)
05-21-2010, 09:05 PM   #4
xjx
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by leikarnes Quote
I had glanced upon it, and I feel that its pretty much the same as Pentax AF200FG just a bit older.
I'm looking for a smaller/lower flash, that I can have attached and still be able to put it in a small shoulder bag (something like the Thinktank Retrospective 10 which is on my shopping list)
Smaller than that, you may consider just stick with the built-in flash.

05-22-2010, 08:37 AM   #5

Original Poster
WTF

Why have all my links been readdressed?

My links of Pentax flashes were addressed to www.pentaximaging.com and my Nikon flash link were addressed to a random image I found via Google.

Now they have been readdressed to B&H Photo Video | Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders a page I've never heard about until now.
05-22-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
xjx
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
WTF

Why have all my links been readdressed?

My links of Pentax flashes were addressed to www.pentaximaging.com and my Nikon flash link were addressed to a random image I found via Google.

Now they have been readdressed to B&H Photo Video | Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders a page I've never heard about until now.
B&H is one of the sponsors of this site. I guess the forum engine has some automagic linking feature that translates the names of certain products into B&H links.
05-23-2010, 05:41 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I'm looking for a smaller/lower flash, that I can have attached and still be able to put it in a small shoulder bag
You don't want to leave the flash attached to the hot shoe in the bag. You'll either end up with a broken flash or a broken camera.

Thank you
Russell