Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
K-x with Toshiba QCC-250 flash

Hi All,
I'm posting a message for the first time.

I have Pentax k-x and have been given an external flash by my father (QCC-250 made by Toshiba) but I can't seem to able to find any information about this flash. I am aware that some old external flash units cannot be used due to high voltage, but I would like to know if anyone has used this or know anything about this flash I appreciate your input.

*I do not have a meter that measures the voltage so I cannot test the voltage output but it uses 4x AA batteries.

Thanks

05-22-2010, 04:28 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's interesting that if you google "toshiba flash on Pentax", this is the first result.

I once came across a site that lists practically every flash's compatibility, but can't seem to find the link. If I do find it, I'll let you know!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-22-2010, 11:17 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I think this site is what Adam referred to. But it does not list the Toshiba model in question.

The fact that it use 4 AA batteries has nothing to do with the trigger voltage. All flashes have high voltage internally. The question is whether the high voltage circuitry is isolated from the contacts at the hotshoe.

The only sure way to know is to measure the particular flash unit.
05-30-2010, 08:56 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for your reply. I was thinking if I used a remote trigger, would it do the job since it won't have the direct contact with the camera itself?