Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2010, 08:06 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
rental flash for outdoor wedding

I'm shooting a wedding in September at dusk, 6:30pm, outdoor, lots of trees so I'm afraid it will dark. What kind of lighting system or flash should I rent. Budget is $200 or less for rental. 3 shooters. Should I rent a radio flash set up?

07-13-2010, 10:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is this your first wedding? I have never done one, but everyone here will tell you that it's an intense (not always in a good way) experience and that you really need to be on your "A" game. You need to know your gear inside out and that means if you don't have a flash (sounds like you don't), you need to rent or buy one well ahead of time so you can assimilate everything about it.

If each shooter needs to have a flash, I don't know if $200 will cut it.

Will you be able to use flash during the ceremony? If not, you'll need a fast lens with a body that is good at high ISO.

I think people will be able to better assess your situation if we know things like how long have you been shooting, how long have you had your current camera(s) and lenses, have you ever done a wedding, have you ever done photography for pay, is this a favor for a friend, etc. etc.

Last edited by ChooseAName; 07-13-2010 at 10:31 AM.