Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2010, 01:06 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Which flash(s) for K7?

So I'm slowly acquiring lenses and accessories, and notice i tend to use the flash a lot on my K7 compared to my previous P&S camera. I was looking at either the Metz or Pentax top models, and decided would likely go for Metz 58 as it's the same price here as the Pentax.

But i notice the Sigma EF-530 DG Super is around half the cost. Can anyone tell me what real world features i would miss if i went for the Sigma, compared to Metz58?. Is there anything that people find an important feature to the way they use their flash?

Eventually i would like to add say two other flashes for some Wireless/strobist stuff which i have never done before, but have not got that far with investigating what bits might come back to bite me.

For example could i eventually use say use a Metz58 on Camera and 2xSigma EF530's on some kind of Wireless Setup? (YongNuo?)

08-16-2010, 01:41 AM   #2
Veteran Member

IMO the Metz 58 is the most accomplished P-TTL flash out there, for a few reasons (to name some: fill flash, upgradable software, extended wireless capabilities, german brand, sheer power)

Haven't tried the Sigma though, but IMO, since flashes have inside some high power components, the brand who inspires the most trust is the one to choose primarly and after that a spec comparison which puts also the Metx on top.
08-16-2010, 06:54 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
This might help let you know what is out there and the features of each.

The Definitive Guide - Pentax P-TTL Flash Comparison