Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2010, 08:17 PM   #1

Flash compatibility with K10D

Pentax and I go back about 40 years when I first started out. I spent at least 30 years with Nikon F2's and F3's on the job. I did my personal shooting with Pentax 35's and still play with my arsenal of P67's. I used nothing but Sunpak Pentax dedicated units. When I took the plunge to Digital I went with two Pentax K10D Bodies with the 55-135 and 16-50 f2.8 DA* zooms. mounted one on each body and left them there. Never dismounted. They're great! I have an arsenal of Sunpak 444's, 555's and 622's. All have the Dedicated Pentax shoe adapters and cables. Can these flash units work on the K10d's? Thanks for any advice you can give me!

08-29-2010, 05:57 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm pretty sure those flashes will work, although only in manual mode. Moving this to the accessory forum so that you can get some more replies.

Welcome!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-29-2010, 06:52 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cruddola Quote
Pentax and I go back about 40 years when I first started out. I spent at least 30 years with Nikon F2's and F3's on the job. I did my personal shooting with Pentax 35's and still play with my arsenal of P67's. I used nothing but Sunpak Pentax dedicated units. When I took the plunge to Digital I went with two Pentax K10D Bodies with the 55-135 and 16-50 f2.8 DA* zooms. mounted one on each body and left them there. Never dismounted. They're great! I have an arsenal of Sunpak 444's, 555's and 622's. All have the Dedicated Pentax shoe adapters and cables. Can these flash units work on the K10d's? Thanks for any advice you can give me!
Those old flash units will work well with Pentax DSLRs. Just make sure their trigger voltage is under 30 volts or 10-15volts to be safe else it will fry your camera. You can check the voltage that people posted here. In doubt, measure the voltage yourself.

I personally use several old flashes such as Nikon SB24,25,28, Vivitar 285HV and a bunch of Sunpak with my K10D and K100D. They all work great under A and M modes.