Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2007, 09:52 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nikon flash on Pentax...

I heard that the Nikon speedlight sb-28 can be used with Pentax cameras. I'm using a K100D... anyone here has experience with using a Nikon flash on their cameras?

08-29-2007, 12:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by leadbelly Quote
I heard that the Nikon speedlight sb-28 can be used with Pentax cameras. I'm using a K100D... anyone here has experience with using a Nikon flash on their cameras?
You can use any Auto or Manual flash with your Pentax camera in non-dedicated mode. You just won't get P-TTL. The Nikon flash is no different.
08-29-2007, 04:44 AM   #3
Veteran Member

yup my Vivitar S1 600N is a nikon dedicated flash but I just use it on auto/manual. I've also used an Olympus FL-36 on my GX-1L before with fine results.

As long as you have that central sync pin, you can fire the flash!
08-29-2007, 05:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I just got an SB-28 Nikon speedlight and I'm using it on M or A mode... very nice. I got it for $50 and it's working great. I was deadset on getting a Vivitar or Sigma, but then I saw this, researching a bit, I think it's a very good buy I don't miss P-TTL since sometimes my photos turn out under or overexposed. At least in manual or auto mode, you can adjust accordingly. With a built-in bounce card, wide angle adaptor(?), a back LCD, and bounce and swivel capabilities, I'm very much happy with my purchase! Thanks for the replies!