Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Sunpak flash modules question

Hi, I currently have a Sunpak 444D flash, a DX-8R ring flash, and one PT-2D module. I'd like to get another Pentax module, but the PT-2D modules are somewhat hard to come by, whereas the PT-1D modules are pretty easy to find. The Pentax bodies I'll be using these flashes on will be the ZX-5N (in TTL mode I figure) and K200D (in Auto mode I figure). I've tried to dig up info on what I'd loose with the PT-1D modules vs the PT-2D modules, but haven't come up with anything - anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance.

10-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I've never used Sunpak with Pentax TTL so my answer may be wrong (not the first time nor the last time, mind you ): the only difference is that PT-2D supports TTL, PT-1D does not.

To me there is no difference - I use Sunpak flashes in either auto or manual mode.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
figure, flash, lighting, mode, module, modules, pentax, photo studio, pt-1d, pt-2d, strobist, sunpak