Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
k7 + AF360 Flah + Manual Macro lens = No wireless Flash?

Hi, I just recieved a AF360FGZ Flash unit and wanted to use the wireless mode to take macro shots with a Manual Macro lens (a Kiron 105mm, F 2.8), but upon inserting the macro lens the wirless flash function on the camera can no longer be turned on, (but it does work with my AF- lenses (Da 18-55, DA 55-300)). Is there any setting I have wrong?, and if not, is there a way to remedy this (so I can still use the flash wireless function with the macro lens)?

I am pretty new to taking photos with flash and would apreciate your expertise

Thanks

10-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #2

Original Poster
Hi, I just read that I can set the Flash to slave mode 2 and fire it when the on-camera flash is triggered.
10-10-2010, 03:40 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You can't pass ttl data via the flash if there is no ttl data (non-A lens)
10-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
You can use a little aluminum foil to trick the camera into thinking the lens is a A type. To do this you must short circuit the indented contact on the camera side of the lens mount.

When you are successful, the e-wheel will work and the auto-flash will work.

Dave

10-11-2010, 10:35 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by newarts Quote
You can use a little aluminum foil to trick the camera into thinking the lens is a A type. To do this you must short circuit the indented contact on the camera side of the lens mount.

When you are successful, the e-wheel will work and the auto-flash will work.

Dave
Thanks, i tried that (locating the "A" - Contact on the body mount, and putting some aluminium foil on the contact, fastening it with normal transperent tape, but with the manual macro lens on the camera it still does not "think" it is an "A"- Lens.
Those of you that have done something like this before, how much aluminum foil did you put on the "A" contact (it is a bit more hidden on the K7), and how (with what substance, or tape) ? did you glue it to the mount?

Thanks
10-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mgbirder Quote
Thanks, i tried that (locating the "A" - Contact on the body mount, and putting some aluminium foil on the contact, fastening it with normal transperent tape, but with the manual macro lens on the camera it still does not "think" it is an "A"- Lens.
Those of you that have done something like this before, how much aluminum foil did you put on the "A" contact (it is a bit more hidden on the K7), and how (with what substance, or tape) ? did you glue it to the mount?

Thanks
The Data pin -at the bottom of the camera side of the mount - must also be short circuited.