Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
Closed Account

Possible problem with Metz 48

I accidently dropped my Metz 48 on the floor which broke the plastic hot shoe but I was able to fix it with some plastic glue!

While testing if the strobe was functioning properly, i noted something that i havent noticed before (using TTL connected to a K7). When I set my lens to 18mm, the display of the Metz say 70mm, if I adjust the lens to 20mm the Metz says 35mm. As you can see the flash display does not match what the lens is set to.

From what I can tell the test shots that I made are exposed correctly, but I'm worried that the flash may be damaged.

Is it normal for the strobe to display those values?

10-27-2010, 07:52 PM   #2

Location: N/E Victoria, Australia, on the mighty Murray River.
Photos: Albums
Might be something wrong there. My Metz 48 give me readings of 25mm when the lens is set to the 17mm focal length and 105mm when my lens is set to the 70mm focal length. It gives the focal length reading as the 35mm (ff) equivalent of the focal length my lens is set to.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
display, flash, lens, lighting, metz, photo studio, plastic, strobe, strobist