Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2007, 01:29 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Pop-up flash diffuser?

I have seen a couple of different examples of these and I am intrigued. I am not ready to spend a bunch of money on a flash (or to switch to lugging around a suitcase ), but I sometimes I need fill flash or a flash indoors and the pop-up just doesn't want to play nice with me.... especially with older primes. Has anyone tried these? They are pretty cheap (like $7-12) and the test shots they show on the Lumiquest site look pretty good. It has pretty good reviews on Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more too

Last edited by lapeen; 09-19-2007 at 01:35 PM.
09-19-2007, 01:46 PM   #2
Forum Member

You can use coffee filter, tape, stockings etc... as a diffuser instead of buying those.

I tried bouncing the popup flash using aluminum foil and it works better than diffusing it.
If you do not want to look goofy using a foil digital photography lighting built-in flash Nikon Canon Pentax has a product that looks decent.