Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2010, 05:52 PM   #1

Vivitar 880AFC Flash

Wow! I've blinded myself more times than I can count today.

Yes, it's the first flash I've ever owned and yes, I bought two of them--I could not be happier!

Yesterday, after the final exam of the semester (so late in the season I think it should be criminal!) I took my friend to the airport so he could get back home to Alberta in time for Christmas. I checked out the Henry's Outlet centre in Mississauga and spotted three of these fancy flashes, with 'Vivitar Series 1' in big letters on the front, and a large LCD on the back. Knowing I had zero money in my wallet and even less in my bank account, I put them down and headed home.

After some quick research I learned that these are re-badged Sigma EF-530 DG Super flashes.

Long story short, I found some birthday cash at home and rushed back early this morning and nabbed the two that were left after one was sold before I arrived. They rang up at $179.99--I got the two of 'em for less than half that.

These guys are fun. Really fun. I like being able to have one flash here, another there, then the puny one on the camera to trigger them with--really getting some fantastic shots and having fun playing with the lighting positions.

One question; is this a good flash to start with? I feel like I cheated a bit by starting somewhere up higher than I think I should've.

Happy holidays!

12-24-2010, 01:01 PM   #2

Original Poster
I figured I'd might update this thread with some photos;