Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #1

AF360fgz Mount Broken

My K10D with an AF360fgz auto flash was knocked off a table over the holidays. Camera is working fine and the hot shoe appears to be undamaged, but the flash's shoe mount is completely toast. The grooves that hold it to the camera's shoe are broken off. Is this repairable? There are four screws that hold the mount assembly to the flash body - perhaps I can replace the entire mount? Is that user-replaceable or would I need to send it to a Pentax service center? Probably some connections that would need to be soldered? Any advice would be appreciated!

Dave

12-28-2010, 11:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

The bad news is that you have to replace the foot of the flash. No glue can handle the stress.

The good news is that the foot of the flash is user-replaceable.

The last time I checked, replacement part is available from Pentax Service Center, about US $20 IIRC.
12-29-2010, 08:06 PM   #3

Original Poster
Cool!

Thanks so much for the good news (the good definitely outweighs the bad)! $20 is much better than a new flash.
01-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #4

Original Poster
Do you know if it is possible to order this part online? Or is there an email address I can use? I have called the Pentax Parts Dept (Colorado, I think, 720-988-2653) but was directed multiple times to a specific woman's voicemail. I left a message, but it has not been returned. Or do I just need to be more persistent?