Forum Member

Photos: Albums
merci mais c'est le reglage sur l'appareil que je n'arrive pas a effectuer

10-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #182
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by popt Quote
merci mais c'est le reglage sur l'appareil que je n'arrive pas a effectuer
Voulez-vous dire que vous ne pouvez pas changer physiquement le canal? Parce que la roue ne tourne pas?

Eric
10-05-2011, 12:49 AM   #183
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
si la molette tourne mais le canal reste sur canal 1 sur l'appareil ??
10-05-2011, 05:46 AM   #184
Veteran Member

Hi all,

I've had a set of triggers that have been pretty good for me. Was having some misfires here and there, so I finally got around to testing things, and one of the triggers is no longer working as a receiver at all. It seems to work as a transmitter, but as a receiver, the light will not even go on when the test button is pressed on a transmitter. My other 3 work fine. I tried different batteries, checked the channel multiple times, nothing's working. Any ideas of anything else to check?

10-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #185
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by popt Quote
si la molette tourne mais le canal reste sur canal 1 sur l'appareil ??
If you had 4 cactus v5s and placed one receiver on channel 2 and one on channel 3 and one on channel 4 and the remaining one is the transmittter on channel 1 all three recievers will fire. If the transmitter is on channel 2 only the receiver set to channel 2 will fire. If the transmitter is set on channel 3 only the receiver set to channel 3 will fire .

Also set the channels after each unit is set to TX or RX then press the test button on the transmiter. Do this while the camera is off. After pressing the the test button then turn the camera on.

Si vous aviez 4 V5S cactus et un récepteur placé sur le canal 2 et un autre sur le canal 3 et un sur le canal 4 et le dernier est le transmittter sur le canal 1 tous les trois récepteurs du feu. Si l'émetteur est sur ​​le canal 2 seulement le récepteur réglé sur le canal 2 sera le feu. Si l'émetteur est réglé sur le canal 3 du récepteur ne mettre sur le canal 3 se déclenche.

Réglez aussi les canaux après chaque unité est fixée à TX ou RX puis appuyez sur le bouton test sur le transmiter. Pour ce faire, tandis que la caméra est éteinte. Après avoir appuyé sur le bouton test, puis allumez l'appareil.

Eric
10-31-2011, 04:18 PM   #186

Hi everyone,

I think i m doing it wrong but cant figure out what it is, can you help me out ?
I got it to work once but i m stuck since ever since.. here s what s going on to sum up :
- i press TX test button half way down : RX & TX light are orange
- i press TX test button all the way, flash fires
- i keep TX button down, it goes to bulb mode
What do you need to do to get both lights to blink as indicated in the manual ? Is the order you turn RX, TX and camera important ? does the TX need to be on the camera when turned on ?

Thanks !
11-01-2011, 06:15 AM   #187
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rafcha Quote
Hi everyone,

I think i m doing it wrong but cant figure out what it is, can you help me out ?
I got it to work once but i m stuck since ever since.. here s what s going on to sum up :
- i press TX test button half way down : RX & TX light are orange
- i press TX test button all the way, flash fires
- i keep TX button down, it goes to bulb mode
What do you need to do to get both lights to blink as indicated in the manual ? Is the order you turn RX, TX and camera important ? does the TX need to be on the camera when turned on ?

Thanks !
Just wondering why do you need to get both lights blinking? TX on camera, RX on flash, press the TX test button and the flash attached to RX unit should fire.

11-01-2011, 08:21 AM   #188
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by erkie Quote
If you had 4 cactus v5s and placed one receiver on channel 2 and one on channel 3 and one on channel 4 and the remaining one is the transmittter on channel 1 all three recievers will fire. If the transmitter is on channel 2 only the receiver set to channel 2 will fire. If the transmitter is set on channel 3 only the receiver set to channel 3 will fire .

Also set the channels after each unit is set to TX or RX then press the test button on the transmiter. Do this while the camera is off. After pressing the the test button then turn the camera on.

Eric
Eric,
Good tips, but how important is it that you set the channel and turn the camera on after the transmitter has been set? Is that something you have experienced?

Let me comment about the V5's. Its hard to read the channel numbers in dim light, especially after they are installed on the flashes and in place. I've convinced that a few problems were due to me putting the unit with 2 on the channel in the TX spot and the unit with the 1 on the channel in the RX spot. To simplify things, i now put the 3 units i have all on 1 and leave them that way.

I don't have a lot of luck with leaving batteries in them and then using them in a second application. The last time i did that, it worked 4 or 5 times and then stopped. I use rechargeable batteries, so now i take them out, recharge them and leave them out in a plastic baggy until needed. My flash batteries, AA, seem to last forever before needing recharging, but the V5 batteries just don't seem to maintain their charge for a second application - not sure what the problem is, but when i have freshly charged batteries - no problem.
11-01-2011, 08:42 AM   #189
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
Eric,
Good tips, but how important is it that you set the channel and turn the camera on after the transmitter has been set? Is that something you have experienced?

Let me comment about the V5's. Its hard to read the channel numbers in dim light, especially after they are installed on the flashes and in place. I've convinced that a few problems were due to me putting the unit with 2 on the channel in the TX spot and the unit with the 1 on the channel in the RX spot. To simplify things, i now put the 3 units i have all on 1 and leave them that way.

I don't have a lot of luck with leaving batteries in them and then using them in a second application. The last time i did that, it worked 4 or 5 times and then stopped. I use rechargeable batteries, so now i take them out, recharge them and leave them out in a plastic baggy until needed. My flash batteries, AA, seem to last forever before needing recharging, but the V5 batteries just don't seem to maintain their charge for a second application - not sure what the problem is, but when i have freshly charged batteries - no problem.
The V5 consumes alot of juice when left on RX. Remember to turn them off before putting htem back in the bag. This is one of the weakness of v5 compared to previous versions I believe. Not a big issue as long as you have spare batteries. No way you can use up all the juice of a fresh battery in one single session.
11-01-2011, 10:18 AM   #190

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
Just wondering why do you need to get both lights blinking? TX on camera, RX on flash, press the TX test button and the flash attached to RX unit should fire.
it does fire when i press test button but not when i press the shutter release, users manual specifically says both lights should be blinking hence why i m asking.
maybe connection with the hotshoe on the camera is not good enough
11-01-2011, 03:23 PM   #191

QuoteOriginally posted by rafcha Quote
it does fire when i press test button but not when i press the shutter release, users manual specifically says both lights should be blinking hence why i m asking.
maybe connection with the hotshoe on the camera is not good enough
well after wasting 3 days looking for a solution, trying to make the lights "blink simouteanously" as said in the manual, it turns out lights don t blink and oxide in the hotshoe was the problem , after good cleaning it finally works
thanks
02-16-2012, 06:23 AM   #192
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thank you, you've just help me make my decision, I will order one.
02-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #193
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What are some economical but half way decent flashes that can be used with the Cactus v5 triggers?

Yungnuo YN-560's seem to be commonly used with these triggers? Is that the best economical choice?
02-27-2012, 12:55 AM   #194
Veteran Member

I'd say go with a Vivitar 285HV, or a Lumopro LP160. That way if you have trouble with a unit you can get support from companies in the US.
02-27-2012, 02:23 AM   #195
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by apisto Quote
What are some economical but half way decent flashes that can be used with the Cactus v5 triggers?
I think a Yongnuo would be a good choice. The YN-560 is inspired by a Canon flash.

But any flash with supports manual flash power settings will do, including used ones. Since the V5 support 0-300V trigger voltage, they are very tolerant even w.r.t. old flashes.