Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2011, 06:23 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Metz 50AF1 vs 58AF2 - Built quality?

Or 48AF1 vs 58AF1 for that matter.

Is there any difference in the built quality? I had got myself a 50AF-1 and was terribly disappointed with the rather flimsy and plasticky built (especially considering that it is made in Germany). The tilt and swivel movement feels lifeless too. I have sold it off since. I thought my old AF360fgz was plastic and the Metz was twice worst.

I am wondering if this is the case for the 58AF1/2 as well or they are built better for the fact that its their top of the line model - I wouldn't pay the kind of money for the 58's too if they were built that way.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
flash, lighting, metz, photo studio, strobist, vs