Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
2nd slave flash question

any one know the answer to this question, I am looking for a second cheap slave remote flash, so --

Please can anyone tell me if the Sigma 530 super dg flash will work as wireless slave with a Pentax K-r or K-10d. I have a Metz 48 flash which I use as a slave using the pop up as either master or controller and want a second slave is this possible with the 530 or can it only be used with a separate 3rd party wireless hotshoe trigger in conjunction with the Metz flash??

or should I just look for any brand powerful flash and use a wireless trigger for both on full power and use a flash meter to set the aperture??

The price of a new pentax 540 is so high [366.00 or a bit less from some shops] that I could buy a two studio light kit with all the extras for 336.00 [and not from ebay either] but I was looking for the portablity rather than go down the studio lights route.
http://www.studio-flash.com/studio-lighting-kits/genesis/genesis-2-mkii-1.html

Regards,

Last edited by adwb; 02-19-2011 at 11:58 AM.
02-19-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do they sell them in the USA

I was looking at the studio lights at http://www.studio-flash.com/studio-l...-2-mkii-1.html But it looks like they don't sell them in the USA..

Edit: I just noticed you're in the UK.... Those lights would be my 1st choice over the Sigma 530.. Sigma has also released a new model as well. I think it's the 610. You might want to look at some of it specs..

Last edited by glee46; 02-19-2011 at 05:05 PM.
02-19-2011, 03:12 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As far as I know pop-up flash of K10D is always P-TTL. So, the Sigma 530 DG super as a wireless slave is somewhat limited (at least for me). Nevertheless it will work in P-TTL wireless.