Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
using flash meter sync cord with K10

Which sync cable is needed to trigger the k10 from a polaris flash meter?
I bought a pc male to female cord.... one end fits in the polaris (the polaris is a female to male) what is next and how? the male end of the sync cord isn't 2.5 or 3.5 diameter connection, if that is what is needed

thanks

randy

02-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

(....scratching head.... )

You want the flash meter to trigger the shutter release of a K10D? Pardon my slowness, but why?
02-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SOldBear Quote
(....scratching head.... )

You want the flash meter to trigger the shutter release of a K10D? Pardon my slowness, but why?
I would like to put the lightmeter at the spot I want to measure, and by the videos I have seen I can trigger the camera (so it triggers the pop up flash which triggers all the other lights) and I will not have to have another person with me.. hope this makes sense

thanks

randy
02-25-2011, 07:05 PM   #4
Veteran Member

OK, got it.

Essentially you need an adapter to convert from a female PC port to a 2.5mm plug. The 2.5mm plug is then plugged into the wired shutter release of the K10D.

It can be done. But I think it's easier to buy something like a Yongnuo RF 602.

Or if you have an infrared remote control already, put the flash meter in "non-cord" mode and use the infrared remote to fire the camera.

Side note: I hope you're using a non-A lens, otherwise you'll be using the built-in flash in p-TTL mode. The preflash strobe will trigger the remote flashes.

02-26-2011, 08:57 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SOldBear Quote
OK, got it.

Essentially you need an adapter to convert from a female PC port to a 2.5mm plug. The 2.5mm plug is then plugged into the wired shutter release of the K10D.

It can be done. But I think it's easier to buy something like a Yongnuo RF 602.

Or if you have an infrared remote control already, put the flash meter in "non-cord" mode and use the infrared remote to fire the camera.

Side note: I hope you're using a non-A lens, otherwise you'll be using the built-in flash in p-TTL mode. The preflash strobe will trigger the remote flashes.
thanks for the info. the main reason I wanted to go with the wired mode with the flash meter according to the usermanual the non cord mode might not measure a flash below ambient light level, so in order to measure say 1/2 stop below ambient light you need to go cordless.
any idea where to get the adaptor?
I do want to go with a radio trigger in the future

randy