Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Help! Can't get my 360 wireless flash working.

I own a K-x and have recently bought an af-360fgz. I'm fairly new to photography (this is my first camera) and I can't figure out how to fire the flash when its off the camera. On the hotshoe, it works fine.

Ive got the flash set to the wireless setting and also set to slave, my camera is set to wireless flash and also as master. When I take a photo, it just fires the built in flash.

Any tips?

03-23-2011, 03:58 AM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A number of things could be leading to the problem.
Could the 'eye' of the flash not be within range or turned away from the direct line of sight of the pop-up flash?
Could you have not 'synced' the flash with the body (have the flash on the hotshoe, switch it to wireless mode, switch the camera to wireless mode, and sync with the half-depressed shutter button)?
Could the slave mode of the flash not be set to SL2?
Could there be too much ambient light to obscure the pop-up flash's ability to trigger the AF360?
etc...
03-23-2011, 04:52 AM   #3
Inactive Account

have you read the manual book?

all answer printed there..
03-23-2011, 06:06 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
How do you sync it with the half depressed shutter button?
I've tried almost every setting, I am still having trouble.

Could you please provide me with a list of the correct setting to have the camera and the flash on? It would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

03-23-2011, 06:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by v3t0 Quote
have you read the manual book?

all answer printed there..
That is the politest RTFM I've ever seen, haha.
03-23-2011, 02:32 PM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is no point in 'trying every setting' in the hope that one of them will work for you. I'm afraid Mike the function is too involved to just list the procedure for you to follow - that is indeed why there is an instruction manual. Please follow its directions carefully.

There are also a whole gamut of threads on this forum all addressing this very issue (see below under 'Similar Threads' for some examples), it would be prudent to read through those if you're still having problems with this feature of the flash.
03-23-2011, 06:54 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
So with a bit more playing around, and a large dose of RTFM, I managed to get it to fire the way I want. The problem was, the flash was set to slave 1 instead of slave 2 and theres no labelled dial or button to change it. Thanks for the advice, and I'll be sure to read the entire manual in future.

Cheers all.