Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2011, 12:16 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax Wireless Flash System

Hello, I've recently jumped from sony to pentax and I was wondering if pentax can support wireless flash with the built in flash?
If it does, can I enable HSS with the built in flash while in wireless mode? or do I have to get another flash and use it as a master?

I'm not sure if this is possible as with sony it works like this
Built in flash > external flash ( HSS compatible )
or External flash ( master ) > External flash ( wireless and HSS compatible )

Thankyou

04-17-2011, 03:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think you'll find the answers are pretty well explained in your camera body's manual. Download it from Digital Cameras and Accessories - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site if you don't have one.
04-17-2011, 04:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Junyu Quote
Hello, I've recently jumped from sony to pentax and I was wondering if pentax can support wireless flash with the built in flash?
If it does, can I enable HSS with the built in flash while in wireless mode? or do I have to get another flash and use it as a master?

I'm not sure if this is possible as with sony it works like this
Built in flash > external flash ( HSS compatible )
or External flash ( master ) > External flash ( wireless and HSS compatible )

Thankyou
The built in flash can trigger a remote flash wirelessly but it is limited to 1/180 sync speed. (The built in flash used by itself only allows 1/180)

HSS can be done wirelessly with an HSS compatible flash on the hot shoe.
Flash on the hot shoe set to MASTER (or CONTROL) and the remote flash set to SLAVE.
04-17-2011, 07:00 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DSims Quote
I think you'll find the answers are pretty well explained in your camera body's manual. Download it from Digital Cameras and Accessories - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site if you don't have one.
I'm sorry, as when I got my camera there was no manual. Thanks for the link

04-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #5
Forum Member

You can download the K20D manual at Pentaximaging.com

K20D Manual