Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: How would you rate PENTAX Customer Service?
Excellent 421.05%
Good 421.05%
Average 421.05%
Poor 736.84%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It will help more if you name the Pentax representative who's giving this lousy customer support, then others will know better to not use it and you can complain to Pentax itself about them and ask for a replacement.

Just venting here on the forum won't take you anywhere, just attract the trolls.

Also, I would never trust Pentax for professional use nowadays. Not because of the gear itself, but simply because customer support for it is almost inexistent. At least here where I live, it's lightyears behind Canon and Nikon in number of authorized retailers. And that's in a country everybody knows the Pentax brand, as it was pretty popular in the 70's and 80's because of the japanese immigrants (Brazil holds the 2nd biggest japanese population in the world, 1st being Japan itself).

Last edited by hcarvalhoalves; 06-02-2011 at 10:05 PM.
06-03-2011, 12:25 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Sorry to hear your bad experience. There seems to be some QC issues with flash. I have both good and bad experience. One of my 360FGZ used to hang after every few shots ( https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-flashes-lighting-technique/95958-a...m-freezes.html ). We don't have any Pentax service center so eventually I have to sell it for peanuts with known defect. However, I also bought another 360FGZ from a forum member here and it's been more than a year, absolutely no problem - so it's kind of piece to piece or may be batch to batch variations.
06-03-2011, 12:58 AM   #18

Seconded!

Kim

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
This is the kind of flagrant noisemaking that doesn't help anyone.
One bad experience does not indicate a systematic failure of the brand.
What of the number of users, including myself, who have invested heavily in Pentax gear and have not had a single problem with the gear or the customer service of local Pentax representatives?
06-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #19

my comment was more towards the lack of features for the price when it comes to the 360. my unit hasnt failed on me yet but they still sell for $230 bucks on amazon vs the metz 50 for $250 that is a better unit in every aspect. i just feel that pentax should consider revising its flash line up and offer something a little more competitive with the market. canons new 380 flash is also much better in every aspect and cost roughly the same as a 360.

06-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boosted03gti Quote
...the metz 50 for $250 that is a better unit in every aspect....canons new 380 flash is also much better in every aspect
Not necessarily.

Neither the Metz 50 nor the Canon 380 has auto mode. To me, that's a deal breaker.

But I wouldn't buy the Pentax 360 either. Its head can't swivel.
06-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I love my Pentax flash units.....but they're all from the '80s. I wouldn't touch the current offerings with a ten foot pole.
06-05-2011, 03:47 AM   #22
Veteran Member

If your only problem with Pentax gear is with the flash, just by a Nikon SB-24 and everything will be fine. A used one in excellent condition at www.keh.com is around $75. A great flash for off-camera use and also works on camera in both auto and manual modes.

06-05-2011, 04:48 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The AF 360 doesn't swivel and that is what made me sell mine. But, it worked fine for everything else. Sorry about your luck.

My experience with Pentax service has been good. They have taken care of lenses and cameras that needed repair in timely fashion without problem (that is both when Pentax still did their own service and now that it is at CRIS).