Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Anyone come up with a good storage case for your v5 triggers?

Hi all,

I just got my v5 triggers, and I'm trying to come up with a space efficient way to safely store them in my camera bag. For my Yongnuo 301P trigger set, I used a small CD storage case, removed the CD holders, cut holes in a piece of foam and made a custom case for them. It was a nice, compact way of storing the transmitter and 3 receivers.

These V5s are significantly bigger, so I'm thinking maybe the best way to store my set of four would be in two separate cases so that I can always carry one set in my bag, and the other pair in my lighting backpack.

How do you store yours?

06-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What about a metal snap close jewelry box or two? That should protect them nicely. If you are married, your wife may have some she can sacrifice!

Regards,
06-09-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I remove the battery tray with the batteries on them and keep them in a dedicated batteries pouch in my bag - stops thme going flat when left in the units.

I clip one of the tx'ers into the hotshoe of the other and that makes for a the perfect size to side into one of the smaller compartments in the backpack with no additional case/padding needed.
06-09-2011, 10:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pelican makes small kit boxes that are great for remotes and cords. The 1020~1050 models are all under $20 and have compartments so you can organize.

06-10-2011, 07:53 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I'm thinking of some sort of small flat case to contain my flashes. So the V5's, some spare batteries, some light modifiers would be all in same place. right now i've got them all i a throw together bag, which is too messy, even for me :-)

Interesting comment about removing the battery trays. i've had too many problems with dead batteries at the site. Now sort out all the problems before i leave home so they are ready to go when i get there.