Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sunpak 30dx PT-1D (dedicated to pentax) is Awesome!

Picked it up as part of a $20 bundle:
* Sunpak 30dx PT-1D (good shape except for some battery corrosion on the battery door which I cleaned up).
* Sigma Zoom Lens 35-70mm f2.8 macro 1:26 (good shape except camera doesn't recognize it in A mode on aperture ring.) Quick little zoom I have to take some more pictures with this to see if I like it.
* Sigma Zoom Lens 70-250 f3.5-f4.5 (great shape and camera sees it in Automatic Aperture mode, however it only sets it to a minimum of f5.6 in auto). Took a picture at 250mm and it turned out really nice--liking this lens; it's relatively quick too
* Asahi Pentax K1000D, clean, mirror foam surprisingly good since it's Asahi.

Anyways this flash rocks!: 120 GN, Tilt, Swivel, 3 Auto Modes, Full Power Mode, Manual mode with power settings of full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16. It communicates with the camera well. The camera sees the flash in the shoe and sets the shutter speed to 1/180. It shows in the viewfinder when the flash is fully charged (it stops blinking). Only thing is, it's a little slower on recycle time than my Sunpak 433 D (un-dedicated for Minolta).

Last edited by geekette; 06-04-2011 at 02:03 PM.