Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2011, 01:26 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
yn560 question

question for YN560 owners
I have 2 of them that both exibit the same behaviour.
When switched on the units remember any previous settings that were set in place at the time of being switched off except the zoom setting that defaults back to the 105 position every time.
Is that a common situation or is my units?

If I change the zoom setting ,for example to the 35 light position, as soon as the flash has been activated the zoom setting reverts to the 105 setting, is ther a way to stop that happening?
thanks,

06-05-2011, 03:02 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
It may just be your units; I've got five YN560 and none of the flashes exhibit the behaviour you have mentioned
06-05-2011, 03:15 AM   #3
Veteran Member

i own 2 and one of the guys i do a lot of shooting with also owns 2, none of them do that either
06-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
question for YN560 owners
I have 2 of them that both exibit the same behaviour.
When switched on the units remember any previous settings that were set in place at the time of being switched off except the zoom setting that defaults back to the 105 position every time.
I found this quote on speedlights.net

QuoteQuote:
Like for the power level the YN-560 also recalls its current zoom reflector position when powered off and on again (an advantage over the YN460 Mark II).
I just tested my single one, purchased recently, and it recalls the last zoom setting. Sounds like they may have changed the programming from the 460 so perhaps you got an earlier 560 issue with slightly different programming. I don't know of anyway to change it. For the money, hard to beat.

06-06-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
oh well not a major problem I will just have to live with it.
alistair
06-06-2011, 12:36 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Mine remembers all settings including zoom..
06-14-2011, 05:05 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a YN-560 and the problem I am having is that it seems to have a slight delay on the optical sync. I attached a snoot which works great in manual mode on the hotshoe, but when I switch to S2 and wireless on my K10D the flash fires, but there is no light in the image. Is there a setting I am missing, because I have tried everything I can think of? I was blinding my son trying over and over, but the only shot with light was when I went manual again on the hotshoe.

06-14-2011, 10:26 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by keruili Quote
I have a YN-560 and the problem I am having is that it seems to have a slight delay on the optical sync. I attached a snoot which works great in manual mode on the hotshoe, but when I switch to S2 and wireless on my K10D the flash fires, but there is no light in the image. Is there a setting I am missing, because I have tried everything I can think of? I was blinding my son trying over and over, but the only shot with light was when I went manual again on the hotshoe.
In AV mode, my 560 will fire in wireless mode in flash mode S1, but not in S2. So use S1 or Manual mode/S2.