Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2011, 07:19 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
AF-540 preflash period

Hey guys, sorry to come up with this possibly very simple question...
I just used AF-540 FTZ on my K-5 for the first time (in P mode as bouce flash) and I was shocked by the length of the period between the pre-flash and main flash. With fresh batteries this period took as long as 2 seconds! I have used my K20D with the same flash with virtually no delay of the main flash (couple of milisecs)... Is there any setting on the K-5 that needs to be done to get the same speed as on K20D?
Thank you for you suggestions
David

06-10-2011, 10:40 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
sorry guys, just being super extra stupid today! of course, I had the camera set for 'red eye reduction' !
so just in case someone gets into the same trouble, it means that the pre-flash fires about a second before the actual flash... might be a sollution for people winking, but not a quick tool for action...
06-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by davidsladek Quote
sorry guys, just being super extra stupid today! of course, I had the camera set for 'red eye reduction' !
so just in case someone gets into the same trouble, it means that the pre-flash fires about a second before the actual flash... might be a sollution for people winking, but not a quick tool for action...
You're right, when i've used redeye setting, its eliminated the tendency with PTTL for folks to blink for the image. When i did some kids for a theatre shoot with redeye, not one had their eyes shut.

But i did experience some long delays after the shutter was hit, now wondering if that problem on the K20 was due to the redeye setting. have to do some testing.