Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
AF540FGZ Fails to Fire

I have had this flash and the TR Additional power supply for the last 3 years. It may fire only once when turned on or not at all. If it does fire that is the only time until turned off for the next five minutes and restarted. All the other items are still running like zoom and the whine of the cap taking a charge.

I found a flat repair at precision repair of $125 so I will give it a try.

Oh a test of my K 20 fires every time on the studio flash units fired from the wireless trigger off of the hot shoe.

Some of the problem may have been my own making with a lot of full power releases but no other TTL flash is available. Anyone have a better idea for more power?

06-12-2011, 07:54 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

trigger circuit blues

Sounds like the trigger circuit is going out

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
fire, flash, lighting, photo studio, power, repair, strobist, time