Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2011, 06:06 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-5 intermittent flash triggering.

I recently connected my k5 using a pc sync cable to 3 external manual flash guns.
I shot in manual using 120-160 shutter speeds and then used 180 x-sync. So Im getting completely black photos when it doesn't fire.The problem is that the flash didn't always fire. 70% it fired. I waited til the flash charged. I checked the connections and everything was tight. It helped when I shut off the cam and turned back on. When I switched cameras to an Oly E-5, we had no issues. Whats the deal with these inconsistenties???

06-30-2011, 06:56 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The black photos at those speeds without flash is normal.

Does one of the flashes work reliably all the time with your K-5? Try each one in turn, does each one work? Then try connecting two at a time. Perhaps the K-5 just can't fire three flashes using the pc sync cable whereas your other camera can.

Try some simple optical triggers on your other two flashes to trigger them from the main flash.
07-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I shall see. Thanks.