Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #1

KX internal flash died...

Hello!

I was shooting some pics and suddenly realized thay built in flash is not working anymore.

I reverted all setings to factory and still the same. It does not matter which mode I use or if flash is set to manual or auto.

There is also no thunder sign in viewer, and if disable shuter when flash is not ready option is on - I cannot shoot.

Should I try with firmware update or mach straight to dealership (camera is under warrianty and nothing bad happened to my KX).

07-18-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Navigare Quote
Hello! I was shooting some pics and suddenly realized thay built in flash is not working anymore. I reverted all setings to factory and still the same. It does not matter which mode I use or if flash is set to manual or auto. There is also no thunder sign in viewer, and if disable shuter when flash is not ready option is on - I cannot shoot. Should I try with firmware update or mach straight to dealership (camera is under warrianty and nothing bad happened to my KX).

Sounds to me that the flash is not reporting the "ready" status to the camera (assuming you waited enough time for it to recharge). Personally I would contact the dealership and have it repaired under warranty.
07-18-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteQuote:
Should I try with firmware update or mach straight to dealership (camera is under warranty and nothing bad happened to my KX).
I agree with agsy - dealer for under warranty repair.
As far as the firmware update - I would NOT install that.
If it was working before than it most likely has nothing to do with an update.
AFTER it comes back from repair check to see if they did the update and if not THEN you do it.
Good luck and let us know the final resolution.
07-18-2011, 10:29 PM   #4

Original Poster
Many thanks for your replies. You saved me some time with update. KX will go straight to dealership. Will let you know what happened.