Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2007, 08:05 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Stroboframe Pro RL Flash Bracket.

I just received my new flash bracket and figured I would post a few photos with some gear on it. I am currently looking for a Pentax off flash cable from the local photography store so that I can use this with my Pentax system.

Front showing the camera in landscape orientation. the foam grip under the lens is how you hold this bracket. This gives you the right hand to fiddle with the camera controls. It takes some getting used to, but doesn't seem all that uncomfortable after a while. The top red lever allows you to angle the flash arm up or down to your liking.

Showing the camera half way to being oriented in portrait mode. the camera plate has several adjustments that allow you to position the lens directly under the flash in both positions. Once adjusted, your good to go. the bottom red leaver is the camera position lock.

Here, the camera is now fully in portrait orientation.

And a frontal view in portrait orientation.

Now the unit is bulky but not all that heavy. I would say it weights about 30 grams. It has a swing out front arm that acts like a kick stand, allowing you to place your camera flat on a table upright. this can be swung closed or open during a shoot. I found it didn't get in the way of operating the camera. the flash can be raised fairly high, and this can be done with one hand. Just loosen the flash arm knob, raise it and lock it in position. Everything can be controlled with one hand. This is a very well thought out flash bracket.

Now for the few little things I didn't like. the bracket came with no flash shoe accessories. It only comes with a fairly long screw. I say long, because when I attach my Canon off shoe flash, there is still some wiggle room when tightened. I know, this is an easy fix with some rubber O rings, but for the price of this unit, those should have been included. Likewise, there are some accessories that you can include, such as a hot shoe adapter, camera twist plates, etc. I feel the hot shoe adapter should have come with the unit seeing it comes as a standard addition to their cheaper flip flash brackets. Another thing, and this is also minor. You get a cork pad with glue on one side. Unfortunately, they placed the glue on the wrong side, so the holes didn't line up like they should. The easy fix was to make new holes. Because this is a fairly expensive bracket, I had to wonder at such sloppiness in manufacturing.

Other then those small niggles; I am quite satisfied with this bracket so far. I have yet to take it out for a run yet.

11-25-2007, 08:59 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Where did you buy yours? I've thought about one before, but wanted to really see the setup.

I like the fact that you can set it down on a flat surface and not potentially dump it!

Cheers,
Marc
11-25-2007, 09:14 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I always buy my stuff from the local photography store (if I can get it from them). I may pay a little more, but the service sure makes up for it.