Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2011, 02:16 AM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
OU acheter ce kit ???
chez gadget infinity les prix semblent interressant mais si il faut rajouter les frais de douane ca en l'est plus du tout ! Quelqu'un a t'il dejà eu cette expérience ?
Ou commander cela ???
Je en trouve rien non plus sur e-bay....
Help

Last edited by popt; 08-08-2011 at 02:40 AM.
08-16-2011, 08:36 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Are you going to be able to push enough light through that soft box with just a speed light? When you said studio lights I was thinking along the lines of mono lights.
08-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The light stands look a little short to me. I would look for one that extends to at least 84" if not more. The benefit to a taller stand is that you can set your light above a standing person with the umbrella pointing down at 45 degrees. I would suggest something like this stand instead.

Gadget Infinity :: Digital Camera :: Light Fixing :: Stand :: Light stand for Studio Light / Flash (Max. 270cm)

The umbrella swivel should connect to the light stand using the screw on tip with no problem. It will also hold the umbrella and a flash. However, the light soft box is designed for the big round studio lighting (strobe) and not a flash unit. If you are using a flash, you will have trouble connecting it. You will need something designed for a flash unit.

I use an umbrella soft box as shown in the following PF article I wrote. Many people prefer the white shoot through umbrella you show, because you can get closer to the subject with a shoot through umbrella compared to my soft box umbrella. I like the soft box umbrella because the light doesn't reflect as much and therefore, less light is scattered around the room.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/do-yourself/106596-diy-horizontal-flash-b...ht-stands.html

Hope this helps.

Tim