Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2011, 04:08 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
[langtitle=fr]Flash cactus ou metz ?[/langtitle]

Bonjour,
pour faire des photos type strobist, j'hésite entre 2 flash :
- un cactus KF36 à 63 euros chez gadget infinity
- un Metz 20 c2 à 34 euros chez digitphoto.

Quelle est la différence entre ces 2 flash ?
Sont'ils tous les deux compatibles avec mon pentax KR et les commandes radio cactus V5 ?
Je susi tentée de prendre l emoins cher ne connaissant pas la difference entre les deux...
enfin y'a t'il des frais de douanes qui s'ajoute au prix quand on commande chez gadget infinity ?

Merci de votre aide !
Peut être que mon choix de modèle n'est pas le bon, si vous avez des conseils sur d'autres modèles pas cher cela m'interresse.

08-08-2011, 05:57 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The Metz 20 C-2 is not suitable for strobist work, it has ONE manual power setting, for strobist work you need a number of manual power settings or variable setting.

I don't know anything about the Cactus KF36. Someone else with experience would have to help out with this question.

I see you live in France, therefore you would have to check with French customs to find out any customs fees unless any other members from France can help out here. Customs fees and rules are different for each country.

Hope this helps.
08-09-2011, 01:30 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
ok, merci.
Peut-etre qu'un autre modèle metz serait adapté ?
08-09-2011, 01:56 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
qu'en est-il du metz mecablitz 24AF-1 à 60 euros ??

METZ Mecablitz 24 AF-1 en stock à prix discount - Miss Numerique

08-09-2011, 04:35 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Have a look at Home: Metz. That is the Metz website and they have their user manuals downloadable for all their flashes in multiple languages. That way, you can look at each units details and see what's right for you versus the price.

I only know my own two flash units, the 58 AF-2 & 58 AF-1, both of them have variable manual power but they are the most expensive in Metzs shoe-mount flash units.
08-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Look into Yongnuo YN-560. I've just order 2 of them for strobist work. There are lots of reviews of them on internet and you can get them cheap on ebay.

Here's one from the strobist blog:
Strobist: Test Drive: Yongnuo YN-560
08-10-2011, 02:12 AM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
Merci de ces lumières, effectivement le yongnuo a l'air bien.

08-10-2011, 02:40 AM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
Par contre il me semble que le yongnuo n'est pas TTL ? peut-être qu'un flash TTL serait plus confortable pour moi qui débute ?
Connaissez-vous un flash TTL ou P-TTL (Je ne connais pas la différence) abordable ?

merci
08-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Strobist Doesn't Recommend the YN-560

QuoteOriginally posted by Nuff Quote
Look into Yongnuo YN-560. I've just order 2 of them for strobist work. There are lots of reviews of them on internet and you can get them cheap on ebay.

Here's one from the strobist blog:
Strobist: Test Drive: Yongnuo YN-560

He updated his review on the YN-560. Here is what is posted at the top of his review.

QuoteQuote:
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Test Drive: Yongnuo YN-560
UPDATE: Six months in, there have been enough reports of dead or dodgy YN-560s that I cannot in good faith recommend this flash. IMO,
if they would put $5 more into build quality and tweak the interface, they could have (or, could have had) a real winner.
I like his review, but seems they have a QC issue with them.
08-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I'm aware of that issue, but at the price I got them, I am willing to take the risk. I think if they last me for 1 year I will be happy.

I also have AF360fgz, which I like a lot, even tough it doesn't have a swivel head. I just hold it in my left hand and point it in whatever direction I need.

I got it used at great price. If you look through ebay, you might find it as well. I find it that it's size balances very well with K5.
08-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nuff Quote
I'm aware of that issue, but at the price I got them, I am willing to take the risk. I think if they last me for 1 year I will be happy.

I also have AF360fgz, which I like a lot, even tough it doesn't have a swivel head. I just hold it in my left hand and point it in whatever direction I need.

I got it used at great price. If you look through ebay, you might find it as well. I find it that it's size balances very well with K5.

There are many who have to have their gear almost 100%. I myself am willing to take the chance on items as well that get great reviews, but have some QC issues. Like the Cactus v5 there are a few problems, but for the price, and what they can do, they will more than serve the purpose for my needs.
08-11-2011, 02:38 AM   #12
Forum Member

Original Poster
un flash non TTL ce n'est pas un peu trop compliqué pour mon niveau très débutante en réglage de flash ? Je n'ai jamais fait ca, trouvez-vous ca accessible ??
Merci
08-11-2011, 06:19 AM   #13
Forum Member

Original Poster
pardon mais je tourne un peu en rond, les commandes radio cactus V5 ne sont pas TTL il me semble, donc un flash TTL ne serait d'aucune utilitée avec ces commandes a distances non ???
Est-ce que j'ai bien compris ?
08-11-2011, 03:56 PM   #14
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote
He updated his review on the YN-560. Here is what is posted at the top of his review.

I like his review, but seems they have a QC issue with them.
They've improved them, they are on at least the 3rd revision. Many of the dead ones were first revisions, the ones that had a plastic shoe. Only time will tell how well the current revision holds up, but people are saying they've finally got the bugs worked out.

I hope they have got it right, I just bought one the other day, manufactured June 2011, so far it has been flawless.