Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
K10D AF540 PTTL Setting Doesn't Stay

I feel like I'm missing something here.

I have a few K10D bodies and I recently got one converted to IR. Firmware is 1.30.

When I put my 540 on the IR body, the flash switches to TTL setting. It also doesn't flash.

The flash stays on TTL and I can't get it to switch back until I put it on another body.

I thought it might be a wireless setting, so I went down that route.

When I check the camera setting on Wireless, the camera says channel 2, flash is set to channel 1. I confirm the flash setting is at master and then I do the process where the camera is supposed to learn the wireless setting from the flash and it switches to TTL whenever I touch the shutter. It also doesn't learn the wireless channel.

A dumb flash *will* trigger on the IR camera.

Very weird stuff. What am I missing? If the hotshoe connections are hosed during the IR conversion, I can live with that, but this is strange behavior.

08-31-2011, 10:18 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you made the wireless channels marry up with each other between the camera and flash? If so, there should be no reason why the flash isn't being triggered by the on-camera flash if it worked previously on a non-IR camera.

Havt you worked it out yet?
09-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
The flashes work with my other K10D bodies. No go on the converted one. I think the hot shoe functionality was broken during the conversion. No big loss, I don't use flash with IR anyhow. If I do decide to make an IR flash, I'll gel dumb flash for the purpose and light with wireless strobes.
09-01-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I think you're right. Maybe some electrical connections were undone during the conversion. My IR converted K10D works fine with the 540.