Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2011, 08:56 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Best flash for Super Program and K10D use

I shoot film on my Super Program and Program Plus a lot, but I also use my K10D.

I want to learn more about flash photography so I was wondering if there are anything that I need to consider when buying a flash that would work on both.

08-25-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dj_saunter Quote
I shoot film on my Super Program and Program Plus a lot, but I also use my K10D.

I want to learn more about flash photography so I was wondering if there are anything that I need to consider when buying a flash that would work on both.
The program plus and Superprogram support the Pentax "TTL" mode while the K10D uses a different method called by pentax P-TTL.
If you buy a current model Pentax flash such as the AF-360-FGX, it should work on all of your camera bodies. None of the older Flashes will work on the K10D---unless you consider working---using the manual mode....
08-26-2011, 03:20 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Would new Metz flashes work similar to new Pentax flashes?
08-26-2011, 04:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

You can use the Pentax 280T on both. You will have to use the auto mode on the K10D. I find auto mode more reliable than Pttl.

Both the AF-360 and AF-540 pentax flashes will work also.

08-26-2011, 07:18 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dj_saunter Quote
Would new Metz flashes work similar to new Pentax flashes?
there are some Metz flashes that workon the K10. another thread here discusses them. Personally I've never seen one and don't know of its backwards compatibility.