Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2011, 01:06 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
metz 50 AF-1 or Pentax AF-360 FGZ or Sigma EF610 DG

I'm in the market for a mid range flash, I tried to get away with a cheap flash unit from Bower but I could't live with its limitations and quirks.

So I'm looking at metz 50 AF-1 or Pentax AF-360 FGZ or Sigma EF610 DG as my next option. The one main feature I want is wireless p-ttl which I believe all three support and I think I can live without a swivel head (360fgz is lacking).

I'm looking for people opinions of what they think of all three. I've read all the reviews and I can't decide. I'm looking for use the flash primarily for indoor shooting and some light portrait work

I'm using a K7.

09-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by varian Quote
I'm in the market for a mid range flash, I tried to get away with a cheap flash unit from Bower but I could't live with its limitations and quirks.

So I'm looking at metz 50 AF-1 or Pentax AF-360 FGZ or Sigma EF610 DG as my next option. The one main feature I want is wireless p-ttl which I believe all three support and I think I can live without a swivel head (360fgz is lacking).

I'm looking for people opinions of what they think of all three. I've read all the reviews and I can't decide. I'm looking for use the flash primarily for indoor shooting and some light portrait work

I'm using a K7.
I've had two 360's and a Metz 48. I will only buy Metz from now on. The 360's didn't suck, I just much prefer the Metz. More power and features for the same money. Easy. Oh, and you may have read that the Metz's controls are harder to use. While technically true, it's really not as big of a deal as some make it out to be. I wouldn't let that sway you to the 360. No experience with the Sigma.
09-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #3

+1 for the Metz. I use the 50 on...and off my K-7 and it works great. Had to find a third party stand for it and took a little while to get a Sto-fen diffuser ordered in at my local store, but I couldn't be happier with the quality for the price....and yah, you get used to the menu pretty quick v

Don't discount the swivel head either, it's handier than you know!