Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2011, 07:02 AM   #1
Inactive Account

AF-360FGZ Lens and Tamron Zoom Lens

Hello. I'm new here -- just registered a minute ago. I have purchased a Pentax zoom flash and a Tamron lens that zooms from 28-300. I am heading on a safari and when I tried my new lens and flash here in New York, the photos are way too dark -- sometimes just black. Can someone suggest to an amateur in easy-to-understand language how I can have the zoom flash work with my Pentax K100 on auto focus? Many thanks.

Last edited by Christine_50; 10-11-2011 at 07:03 AM. Reason: clarity
10-11-2011, 08:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You didn't accidentally have your exposure +/- button underexposed? Also, try some test shots by turning your dial on the top of your camera on various settings such as "auto" and "P" and see what you get.

You can also turn up the power on your flash to a positive 1 with the dial on the flash but that really shouldn't solve your problem. What settings on the dial on your camera did you use?
10-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for trying to help this novice. The camera is set to Auto PICT; the zoom flash is set to P-TTL 24 mm, A Zoom 0.0, which is how it was set up at the shop (B&H in Manhattan).
10-11-2011, 11:54 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for trying to help this novice. My camera is set to Auto Pict and the zoom flash is set ti P-TTL A Zoom, 24 mm 0.0. Does that info help you? Can you help me? Thanks.

10-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm moving this thread to the flash section.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: