Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2007, 07:27 PM   #1
Veteran Member

K100D Off camera flash

Hi,
I apologize for starting a new thread, but I've tried reading up on this and I'm getting confused. I have a K100D and a Sigma EF-530 DG Super and it works reasonably well attached to the hotshoe. Now I want to explore using the flash off-camera. From what I understand, the K100D can't wirelessly trigger flashes by itself. I can't afford to get another flash to have one trigger the second flash off-camera. What I simply want to know is: Can I trigger a flash (wirelessly or not)? What would I need? and how?

Thank you very much

12-13-2007, 11:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

does the sigma have a PC socket, or some sync socket? if it does, you could get a hotshoe to PC adapter, a PC sync cable, and you can get the flash of camera that way. you will lose p-ttl abilities, if you go that route.
12-14-2007, 12:07 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kthung Quote
Hi,
I apologize for starting a new thread, but I've tried reading up on this and I'm getting confused. I have a K100D and a Sigma EF-530 DG Super and it works reasonably well attached to the hotshoe. Now I want to explore using the flash off-camera. From what I understand, the K100D can't wirelessly trigger flashes by itself. I can't afford to get another flash to have one trigger the second flash off-camera. What I simply want to know is: Can I trigger a flash (wirelessly or not)? What would I need? and how?

Thank you very much
You need these to wire the Sigma off camera.
Hot Shoe Adapter FG
Extension cord F5P
Off-camera Shoe Adapter F

The FG goes into the camera hot shoe. Adapter F will go in, but will block the in camera flash from rising, so you cannot use it for fill flash. The cord plugs into the FG and into the F. The off camera flash goes into the hot shoe on the F. Off-camera Shoe Adapter F has a tripod screw mount just like the bottom of your camera.
12-14-2007, 04:24 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Gadget Infinity :: Digital Camera :: Flash Trigger :: 4-Channel Wireless Flash Trigger V2s

Got mine here:

Cactus V2s Radio Slave Set

but currently out of stock.

Cactus triggers are of limited range and cheaply built, but so far works perfectly fine for my needs. And much cheaper than most solutions.

Flash needs to have a trigger voltage of 12v or less.

12-14-2007, 02:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you very much Albert, that was exactly what I was looking for.