Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Flash Newby: Tips Please

Hi everyone,

Just purchased a used EF-500 DG Super from B&H so that I can take flash photos on an upcoming Disney Christmastime vacation. Being new to flash photography, not sure where to start. Planning to read the manual shortly and spend a couple weeks playing before going on vacation right after Thanksgiving. However, hoping you all could suggest some pointers to this flash newby.

We leave for vacation right after Thanskgiving, so have a couple weeks to play before it matters.

Thanks for the tips....

Cheers!

11-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

It would be best to experiment with the flash at home first. I would recommend buying a Stofen diffuser for it, they are very cheap and help a lot with the harsh light of the flash. Also I use flash compensation of -1 stop, shoot RAW files and you then have a bit of latitude during processing.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
couple, flash, lighting, newby, photo studio, strobist, vacation, weeks