Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Want to score a free lighting setup?

HI guys,

B&H is currently doing a special on their house brand lighting products. Basically, we are looking for someone to do a review of one or more of these products, and once you are done, you get to keep the item! The products range from softboxes to umbrellas to tripods. If you're interested, are into lighting, and know what you're talking about, shoot me a PM with your qualifications and then we can take it from there

There's an example of how long the reviews should be:

Fixing Front and Back Focus - Introduction- PentaxForums.com

The main purpose is to give an overview of the product and provide a useful resource for our members. If you want to browse all the products, here are the indexes:

Impact - B&H Photo Video
Pearstone - B&H Photo Video

And here are the exact items they are looking to get reviewed:

Impact Digital Flash Umbrella Mount Kit DFUMK B&H Photo Video
IMBGSS12
IMBGW1012
IMBGCBW57
IMBGW1024
IMBGB1024
IMBGSCB816
IMBGSCW816
PEDSONPFM50
IMPS
IMLSRH
IMLSCT40MK
IMLS13HAB
IMLS13HB
PEAA42
PEAA83
OBAC1300BA00
OBAC1310BA0
OBAC1400BA00
OBAC1410BA0
PEBPSF975
PEBP970
PEDVCB
PEHDC1010W
IMCRK4272
VERCWC2
PERCWN1
VERCWN2
IMDLSXL
IMBGCG1012
IMU1LK
PEVT2100
PEVT2500B

You can also choose other items that you are interested in, however, you'd then have to return them. If your article is good, we could arrange for free site supporter status or something like that, though Also keep in mind that I am looking for 1-2 full-time reviewers (6 reviews/year).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-12-2011, 06:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Want to score a free lighting setup?

Wow - this is to cool, I just ordered earlier today (way before you made this post) an Impact umbrella setup -> Impact Digital Flash Umbrella Mount Kit DFUMK B&H Photo Video (which is actually the first thing you have listed)

The crazy thing is I ordered it for a project I am working on and was going to do a video review of it...

How Ironic!!!!!

I have posted a couple reviews on their site and I guess I will post a review of this kit also!!!
12-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Nice! If you do a video review, I think it would be worth sharing here as well. Just to clarify for others, though, they are looking for in-depth reviews by us and not quickies on their site.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-12-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Nice! If you do a video review, I think it would be worth sharing here as well. Just to clarify for others, though, they are looking for in-depth reviews by us and not quickies on their site.
Yep - understood with the in depth reviews.

12-12-2011, 08:28 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Is this open to European reviewers?
12-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I don't think that would be a problem, although B&H isn't willing to cover international shipping and customs.

I'm still looking for one more reviewer, note that the single and double umbrella setups as well as the softbox are taken. The backgrounds would still make for a great review, though!

Adam

12-13-2011, 06:01 AM   #7
Pentaxian

PM sent. I'd be interested in testing

IMBGB1024
IMBGSS12

Id would be interesting!

12-13-2011, 09:07 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Thanks Adam. PM sent.
12-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #9

Photos: Albums
Cool! PM Sent.
12-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Just so you guys know we've found our reviewers- thanks for your interest!

Adam