Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nu12ul Quote
That seems like the receiver for shutter release rather than a transmitter for triggering the flash but i could be wrong. I will let you know once i receive mine.
It is the receiver for the shutter release but it is attached on the cameras hot shoe.
If it does a pass thru (even for this type of set-up) then it would be great since you don't need to take off the unit (off the hot shoe) and just pick up the camera and shoot with the external flash attached to the receiver and still do P-TTL.
Can anyone please test this one.
Like the photo #4 except with the external flash still attached to the receiver hot shoe..so, receiver attached on top of camera hot shoe, then external flash attached onto the receiver. See if it will do P-TTL with this set-up.
I hope somebody can test this since the Cactus V5 doesn't even have all those contacts on their transceiver wireless triggers.

09-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ok Soooo I've been to busy to and my two cents to this post....
I've been looking at getting Aputure Trigmaster II but have got enough funds in my paypal account. But I have done my reasech.
According to the Aputure Limited - Aputure Web site Aputure Limited - Aputure TrigMaster Versatile Trigger for Strobe Speedlight and Camera

There is a Pentax version, Model number MXII-P and it is supose to support Pentax with Wakeup and P-TTL.
09-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bdparker Quote
There is a Pentax version, Model number MXII-P and it is supose to support Pentax with Wakeup and P-TTL.
The only problem with this is IF we can find a seller who even sells the Pentax version.
If the Pentax version is not popular then they won't stock up on it.
It was the same way with the Tumax flashes.
Canikons compatible abound but the Pentax version are hard to find but it says on their site that they do have a Pentax specific model.
I do hope you can find a retailer/outlet that sells the Pentax version.
That would be great news as I would purchase one!
09-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I see that for the Trigmaster plus it has to be the TX1C model or the one for Canon 1100D or 600D for it to be Pentax compatible.
The trigmaster MXII rcr-P is Pentax compatible but how are we to know that they are sending us that model?
Do the individual units have a model marking on them?
Can those who have ordered/owned these confirm if they have a model marking (like: MX1N, MX1C..etc)

09-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #20

Photos: Gallery
Thought i got pentax version but when they arrived were canon version, at present time after testing, it sychro at 1/90 (aputure states you can synchro even at 1/250, well i guess for nikon, i was hoping the 1/180 of pentax) :-( i'm going to get a new battery for the transmitter to see if that helps (i'm using the battery included).

By the way, even though at aputure page states the transmitter uses 2 AAA batteries, that's not true, it needs a 12V
09-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #21

There's no inscription of the model, it's only a sticker saying what camera supports, mine said Canon

QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
I see that for the Trigmaster plus it has to be the TX1C model or the one for Canon 1100D or 600D for it to be Pentax compatible.
The trigmaster MXII rcr-P is Pentax compatible but how are we to know that they are sending us that model?
Do the individual units have a model marking on them?
Can those who have ordered/owned these confirm if they have a model marking (like: MX1N, MX1C..etc)

Last edited by Omel; 09-12-2012 at 11:25 PM. Reason: wrong word
09-13-2012, 07:10 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Hmm..that doesn't seem good Omel 'coz they can just stick those to whatever they like just to be able to send you one unit..so, the customer isn't really sure if the unit is the right one or not or if it will ever work as it should on the flash in question or not.
I wish they had some sort of permanent mark to distinguish one model from another..also to facilitate in the re-sale.

09-15-2012, 02:10 PM - 1 Like   #23
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Hi

I have the MX1C and I fixed it to work at full sync speed with my flashes.

You open up the transmitter and move (solder) the blue wire (marked Wake or W) to the top right pin on the hot shoe.

thank you again "Bojidar Dimitrov's Pentax K-Mount Page"

Dead easy, and the you have wake function.

The problem is that the reciever needs pre notice when a flash triggering is about to occur. Same as the rf-602

You will need to half press the shutter button or else it will not sync up above 1/80.

You can see it working on the triggers, the green light on the TX blinks then the green on the RX blinks.

I measured the half press activity on the hotshoe of my K200D and found the Digital Com pin to be the one.

Last edited by esben; 09-15-2012 at 02:25 PM.
09-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Great work esben!
I would have also tried to find out which would do this if I acutally have one of these triggers.
I'm still thinking of getting one once I get all the info I need if there really such a Pentax compatible model.
Thanks, this will help a lot of those who would want to tinker with their triggers.
09-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #25

I wonder if anybody has the pentax version of this triggers, just to see if the internal wiring is as Esben modified them.
Hopefully someone could share us a photo of the wiring
02-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #26

hi there, first of all hello to everybody, today i did some research regarding triggers and found this topic. I found out that there is possibility of the trigger to wake up flash if it would be dedicated version, so i was digging and find out this: Aputure TrigMaster II (2,4GHz) MXII-P - dálkový ovlada? záblesku (Pentax) | Amio.cz, Brno, now i'm just wondering if this is the correct version.
02-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #27

QuoteOriginally posted by sandman_fresh Quote
hi there, first of all hello to everybody, today i did some research regarding triggers and found this topic. I found out that there is possibility of the trigger to wake up flash if it would be dedicated version, so i was digging and find out this: Aputure TrigMaster II (2,4GHz) MXII-P - dálkový ovlada? záblesku (Pentax) | Amio.cz, Brno, now i'm just wondering if this is the correct version.
That is exactly the version you shoukd get for pentax according to their page Aputure Limited - Aputure TrigMaster Versatile Trigger for Strobe Speedlight and Camera

Check immediately if you order one set, be sure is the pentax version because in my case I received a canon version (from a different seller) and couldn't get all the benefits of a pentax version.
02-21-2013, 12:10 AM   #28

ok, if i'll buy it i'll let You know But there is one thing, as i read out, there is no easy way to check if it's really pentax version
02-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Apparently the serial number should have a P in it.
I ordered their "basic" series for pentax and while the outside package had pentax on it, the inside package had canon on it. It does not wake up my yongnou flash at all.
It can barely wake itself up.
04-03-2013, 05:17 AM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The model is MX-II P. On the receiver there is a sticker stating "for Pentax".

It doesn't seem to work in P-TTL, my Metz 48 AF1 says only TTL and fires at full power. My K5 doesn't change the speed to 1/180 in Av mode when the flash is ready...

The problem seems to be the transmitter : there is no "Mode" pin...