Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #1

will a flash for for Sigma SD10 work on Pentax.

Will a Sigma SD9 or SD10 work on a Pentax? I am not very "up" on this stuff but I do know there is some kind of connection between Pentax and Sigma cameras......So if there is a connection between the two I would something like the hot shoe make the list?

03-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
depends, is it a specific ttl flash designed for sigma cameras? if so, it might work with reduced functionality. If it is a generic flash like the yongnuo yn560 however, it should work just fine.
03-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by podboy3 Quote
Will a Sigma SD9 or SD10 work on a Pentax? I am not very "up" on this stuff but I do know there is some kind of connection between Pentax and Sigma cameras......So if there is a connection between the two I would something like the hot shoe make the list?
I would very much doubt it, you can get SIgma flashes for Pentax cameras, but they would have to be designated for Pentax and not Sigma.

Currently flashes like the Sigma 530 or 610's will work with Pentax, Canon, Sigma, Sony, Nikon etc, but you have to buy a specific model to suit one or the other, they are compatible between makes (although that would be good)
03-29-2012, 11:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I think Sigma DSLRs has "standard" hotshoe -- the contact in the center is the sync signal. If that is true, a Pentax camera will trigger the flash in question.

If the flash does not have auto mode (I think this is the case), and the flash is not in manual mode (that is, in TTL or whatever Sigma calls it), the flash will fire at full power. To get proper exposure, you'll need to adjust the ISO and the aperture settings on the camera.

If the flash has manual mode with power ratio settings, you can put the flash in manual mode, and (in addition to the camera's ISO and aperture settings) adjust the flash's power ratio setting to get proper exposure.

Why don't you post the model of the flash? You may get more meaningful answers.