Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by telly0050 Quote
thanks for the link, it's a great review.
just wish there are more before after photos on different situations
More situation would have been better but you get the idea with the two reviews i think.

Your device is a bit different then the simple omnibounce but don't think the effect is that different then from the omnibounce pointing up.

04-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rae2 Quote
If the "lightsphere" and other commercial gadgets work any better, I'd bet my eyes couldn't see the difference.
Commercial gadgets are simply easier to use since you don't have to cut them and fit them on your flash. Apart from that they perform the same way (look around the web, tupperware vs lightsphere... very funny)

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
With sto-fen i always get shadows on the wall behind the subject.
The source of light is smaller. Mine works decently well, I still bounce towards the ceiling, and some of the light is spreead by the sides. It's a nice little package that is easy to carry (and cost me 2$)

But the light is more natural this way because it comes from above like most of the light normally does.
I'm not sure direct bounce is more natural, it's just a different look.

I've seen a review with the oni-bounce.
There are many reviews of the lightsphere, and the Lambency also have been reviewed often. But you won't learn anything that wasn't written here already. A lightsphere by any name is a tupperware bowl cut to fit on your flash.
05-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #18

Original Poster
review is updated.
bump.