Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2012, 01:46 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Canon 580 EXII on the Pentax!

Apologies if this has been discussed before I just saw this just now on this guys Blog

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Pathetic Canon's External Auto Saves the Pathetic TTL of Pentax!

Thoughts?

05-18-2012, 02:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have no idea what this guy is on about... he just jumps right in talking about a fix... a fix for what? What's going on.. he's stuck a Canon flash onto a Pentax and settings are saved... or something... and now he's happy... good for him I guess?
05-18-2012, 03:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
RiceHigh, that explains a lot

But OK, remembering last settings can be useful. Remembering Tv ? Don't quite understand that.
05-18-2012, 06:11 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And there I was buying Metz flashguns, will the new canon wireless system too?

05-18-2012, 06:51 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Seemed pretty schizophrenic to me too, but I know little about flashes just got my curiosity so I posted it
05-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
No secret that Pentax does not have the best flash system (but I thought Nikon was supposed to be better than Canon?). But it is also no secret that this person nurture a pathetic hate-love-hate relationship to Pentax, which makes him consider every short coming of Pentax, or of his own skills, as a personal insult from Pentax towards him. Here on the PF it eventually went so bad that he had to be excommunicated. Since then he hates PF as well.
05-22-2012, 04:16 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The new Canon speedlight 600 ex rt is a going to change the industry...period. The radio transmitters are already built into the speed-light with the ability to transmit the ettl signal. Pentax....you're on you're last straw as far as I'm concerned.
http://neilvn.com/tangents/2012/05/01/review-canon-speedlite-600ex-rt/

edit: For the record. I'm happy with my Pentax gear, but they really are falling waaaaaaayyyyy behind. The new Canon speed-lights, the new 5D mark iii, Nikon's 800/D4 and the SB900 are just small examples of this. To their defense, Pentax clearly labels themselves as an "enthusiast" brand while the heavy hitters are obviously "pro" so I guess we can't complain. Sorry to hijack the thread.

Last edited by Deiberson; 05-22-2012 at 05:31 AM.
05-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
No worries, sounds interesting!

I don't really see the need for built in transmitters as the flash is usually off body anyway, built in receivers however would be cool!

I think Pentax should make their future pro bodys compatible with the Nikon standard somehow. I don't think Pentax has the know how with flash to get it right hardware wise. This is why many people go with the excellent Metz product. Why not get Metz to do a re-badge for them?
05-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I believe their bodies are being made so they can transmit the radio signal, or whatever IR wave they choose. It eliminates the need for pocketwizzards or any other third party combo.