Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pirate Quote
I haven't checked to see if the JY-670 has TTL metering like the Delta, but if it does, then for the price, it's a bit of a bargain. The Delta is available from Foto-Tip via evilBay.
Please refer to my other post about the Viltrox. Bob says his works with his K5, but mine doesn't work properly with my K5iis. It does work with the K7 and K200 however. It is a manual flash and doesn't provide TTL metering; the hotshoe only has two connections unlike my Sigma TTL flash which has four.

08-09-2013, 01:58 AM - 1 Like   #17

Apologies for resurrecting this thread but I thought I would add a little info that may be helpful.

I’ve recently taken delivery of one of these and can concur with Rob that is does not work with the K5IIs, it will fire the first time the shutter is activated but won’t fire again, you have to dismount it or switch both off and on to get it to fire again.

However it works a treat with a K30 and that suits me fine as my K30 is setup as my macro body with a Katzeye split screen (uses the same screen as a K5, K5II/IIs). The unit is easy to use and is reasonably well built, and as has been mentioned it is a conventional flash, not LED’s (it has 2 LEDs for focus aid), has full adjustment from 1:1 to 1:128 in full stops or 1/3 stops, left or right tubes or a contrast ratio down to 1:8 either side, no P-TTL, it's manual all the way.

I hope this is helpful.

Regards

Brian
11-01-2013, 05:52 AM   #18

A quick updated, works great with the K3
11-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Auto Focus

QuoteOriginally posted by McBrian Quote
Have you had a chance to look at the K-3 auto focus? If so how does it work? Thanks

11-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #20
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting! I'll have to try it again with the K5iis after the latest firmware update, but I doubt that there will ever be a change. Tried it and still only fires once with firmware 1.06.
11-02-2013, 04:33 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well that's good to know. Need to try it on the K-3 now, was hopeless on the IIs.