Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies!
I dabbled in flash but not the HSS hence my interest.
With film also before, one can never go beyond the recommended flash sync (well you can but parts of image would be black from catching the FP shutter)..unlike now with HSS which we can.
As again, I value all of the input and am grateful to them.
It would seem the AF360FGZ seems to be a reliable and affordable (I don't want to say cheap, since cheap connotes something inferior) from the experience of members here.
From things like these I guess as yet again, patience it a must since these accessories don't surface quite often.
Thanks again everyone..I deeply appreciate all the input..

06-08-2012, 03:16 AM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not sure where you are located Gerry but I just bought an AF360FGZ from this outfit. They are well known on this forum and have excellent customer service:

Pentax Autofocus AF360FGZ (GN99) BOUNCE, ZM (MZ, PZ, SF, ZX, DSLR), SHOE MOUNT FLASH - KEH.com

If you are in the USA and decide to buy this flash, it's best to make the purchase by calling them rather than ordering online.
06-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
KEH is a "lesser" known (not well broadcast & sorta secret) used camera company and from what I heard before, their grading of condition (of the item) too is very good.
The actually grade below the real condition of the item so when you get the item, it is actually in better condition than what you expect!
Thanks photolady for the heads-up about calling them rather than ordering online 'coz I'm the kind of person who rarely calls..just by habit.
I get most of what I buy from Ebay or Adorama. =)
Thanks again..
06-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

The reason they told me to call instead of ordering online was to make sure they had the equipment. And the one I ordered was LN, but in my opinion it is more new. I got box it came in, manual, and drawstring case. The flash looks like it was never used. No dents, nicks or scratches any where on the unit. I'm very pleased with it.

You know there are members here they loving await KEH's catalog?

06-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
The reason they told me to call instead of ordering online was to make sure they had the equipment. And the one I ordered was LN, but in my opinion it is more new. I got box it came in, manual, and drawstring case. The flash looks like it was never used. No dents, nicks or scratches any where on the unit. I'm very pleased with it.
Like I said, KEH is excellent at grading their items.
This just confirms it!
Thanks..
06-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The flash was $130 when I saw it but now it seems they jacked up the price at $139..
I guess I'll just have to wait for a good price.
06-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #22
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Are you sure it was the same one. Actually just before I bought mine there were three listed, one for $199, one for $179, and the one I bought for $159. I've never known them to list any of the better flashes for $130. Their turn around is pretty quick. One day they'll have four items for sale, the next day they may only have two...or one. The one I see listed at $139, was $149 originally.

06-13-2012, 06:55 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi, I just busy for a couple of days.
I might have seen it wrong and the $130 might have just registered on my mind since that is what they are actually aiming for so that you might think that it is not $140.
I'm looking at one at another site for less so we'll see what happens.
Thanks again!