Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2006, 12:32 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sigma 500 super flash..... I am so lost!

I really like the flash but hate the "user manual" and I call it that in very loose terms.
could someone please point me to a website that can show me all the controls and what they are for?

The first 2 things I need to know is: How do I get the flash back to default?
I have all kinds of things on the display, but just want it to get back to default.

second, how do I set it to be just a fill flash, instead of it a full flash? is it set on the flash or in the K10, or both?

very confused,

any help appreciated

thanks

randy

12-31-2006, 02:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
I really like the flash but hate the "user manual" and I call it that in very loose terms.
could someone please point me to a website that can show me all the controls and what they are for?

The first 2 things I need to know is: How do I get the flash back to default?
I have all kinds of things on the display, but just want it to get back to default.

second, how do I set it to be just a fill flash, instead of it a full flash? is it set on the flash or in the K10, or both?

very confused,

any help appreciated

thanks

randy
LOL, I know what you mean Randy. That is the most confusing manual I've ever read.

To get back to default, just keep pushing the Mode button until there is a TTL in the upper left corner of the LCD, and a P kind of in the middle. Then you should be in P-TTL mode.

I've found, just leaving the flash in TTL mode, and the camera in program, gives the best reults in balancing available light and flash. To use it in fill mode, you need to use it in manual, and set the power via the menus. (I think. I haven't got it entirely figured out either.)